What do you think about this? I kicked my ex out and now feel unsure about what happened.

I had my ex boyfriend, son's dad of mine who stay with me ( who I thought was a good friend). Well, the other night, he came back to my place in 2 am in the morning, I never really had a problem with that before, but I've decided I need to start going bed early and get into a rountine again to better myself. Anyways, he came back to my house, and I mentioned that I would like for him to be back at my place for midnight from now on and told him why in a calm manner. I guess I said that to him right after he mentioned he was gonna be back at my place in 2 in the morning because he wanted to see him his girlfriend. He automactically got denfensive and said, what I can't see my girlfriend. I didn't mean for it to be controling, just to express I need to be on a good rountine again to better myself and mainly get up to do important @#!*% . I also told him I don't care if he wants to see his girlfriend at 2 pm in the morning and I would wait for him this one time. I basically feel I was just trying to set a boundary and asking him to acknowelege it. But, we got into a argurement and he ended up calling me ignorant, saying I was ranting and raving when I felt I clearly said in calm manner and just saying what I wanted. The other night, he came back at 2 am and I was feeling sore, @#!*% and I just wanted to just sleep. So, I realized just then and there, I don't like him coming late back to my place late when when I'm trying to learn to get on a sleeping rountine again. Anyways, I ended up kicking me out because I got so frutrated, annoyed, irritated and anxious with trying to explain this in a way I think he would understand
P:S: I let my ex boyfriend stay with me because he's homeless and I was under the impression he was trying to get his act together and was hoping he would stay with me and would go out and look for a new place to live. His girlfriend doesn't live with him, and I'm under the impression he's not allowed to stay and live there.

10