Can you take off your work uniform if you're on break?

I work for lowes and they have me wear a vest. Can I take that off during my 15 minute break? I know I can't leave the property but I'd like to walk around the store without customers bugging me vs just sitting in the breakroom. I'm pretty sure I can. I just wanted to ask. It is a paid break btw.

115

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, yes, I'm familiar with this. I've been told to do it if I'll be in the vicinity of customers (e.g. buying a drink from a cashier on my 15).

• ok I see. I don't see a problem with it either. Besides there is a cute girl I want to talk to and I want to get over there and talk to her without being interrupted by a customer on the way over there.

• You work at lowes too? Or somewhere else?

• Hahaha that's a secret~! :X