Do you miss your ex, but do not miss the relationship?

I broke up with my ex of 13months, 2 months ago. I miss him everyday and think about him first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I know he misses me too and also thinks about me. I did no contact for 6 weeks. Sometimes I do think back and I regret my decision, but then I think about the relationship and that just stops me in my tracks. We were always fighting, he always gave me a reason to argue with him. I still loved him though, and still do. It all just became too stressful for me at the end so I ended it. He then contacted me after 6 weeks and said that it looked very easy for me to walk away, it was everything but easy. I was using the no contact for us both to try and move on. I don't think the relationship was going anywhere. Maybe I might live to regret it?

Has anyone else being through this?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I broke up yesterday with my one year boyfriend. And I miss him already.. I can't stop thinking about him ever since ( yes I know its only been 24 hours ) . The relationship was a total mess , and since we were on a long distance relationship for the last 6 months, we only had to see each other once each 4 months. The last thing he said to me was " I love you " and I replied " I love you too " I really don't know if it was the right thing to do .. I'm so confused.. I miss him.. But I don't miss the relationship at all. So I know how you are feeling.. You'll get over it .. and so will I.

Best of luck though !

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE