His interest level seems to have dropped, is this normal?

So I've been with my boyfriend for almost a month now. In the beginning we were in contact a lot. He would call me on his lunch break and we would text when he was home.

Recently, he stopped calling me every day on his break. And he just seems harder to get a hold of.

It seems like he wants to break up, because contact has lessened, but at the same time he does still call me. And he does text but usually sends a few then stops.

I don't get what's going on. Is this normal? P.S. He lives in a different city then me, so we usually see each other on the weekends.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not his interest level which has dropped - it's his communication frequency.

In the early days, he tried to match what you would like (very frequent communication) but no guy can do this for long. After a few weeks, we fall back into a more male frequency.

Most girls, especially young inexperienced girls, think this is a sign that he has lost interest or is planning to dump her.

It is not. It is the pattern that EVERY SINGLE GUY you date in your entire life, will follow. The sooner you recognise this, the sooner you won't freak out when it happens.

Guys communicate differently to girls. And no amount of wishing will change that.

• lol Thanks. Maybe I am just freaking out for nothing.

What Guys Said 1

• That's pretty normal in relationships. Simply reignite things by calling him a lot, paying compliment, and start going out to dates again.

What Girls Said 1

• Being really straightforward, if you already gave him "the proof of love" then you might not hear from him.

If not, then he could be busy. I think You don't have to worry too much when he at least calls or contacts you anyway 2-3 times a day.

But if you feel he might want to break up you should try to talk to him about your communication