How can I stop getting so attached to guys?

So I fell in love with this guy a few months ago! We hung out a lot and he always picked me up from school we texted constantly talked on the phone a lot! But then him and his ex girlfriend got back together! I can't stop thinking about him! And its really hard to talk to other guys! What should I do? And please don't tell me I don't know what love is or whatever because I have really strong feelings for him!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sorry that things seemed to be going really well with this guy and then all of a sudden he got back with his ex. It sounds to me like he was interested in you and perhaps something could have developed from that, but whatever has gone on between him and his ex, they have decided to give it another go.

I guess the only thing you can do is to try and be a good friend to him, although if that's too hard to do given your feelings for him, perhaps it's best to keep your distance and let him and is ex try to work things out. Don't feel like you have to talk to other guys though if you're not comfortable in doing so... I'm sure somewhere down the line you'll meet other guys and perhaps one will take your fancy.

As for this particular guy, you could always tell him that you're pleased for him about getting back with his ex (even though you're not pleased about it personally) but say that she's a lucky girl and that it's a shame the friendship you had could not have developed any further. It's a risk to tell him that and you could always do it via message if you feel uncomfortable saying it to his face, but at least you would get it off your chest and if he does stays with his ex, you can do no more and will have to find a way to move on from him... Time will do that I can assure you. You may feel the urge to 'wait' for him if things don't work out with his ex, but I would try not to put your life on hold for something that may never happen... That's the risk you take I guess.

Again, it's unfortunate this situation has not worked out for you, but circumstances are always changing so just try to keep your chin up and who knows what might happen further down the line. I hope this helps you somewhat... :o)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! This really helped! I don't think I could ever let go of him even tho I have to! And I think I'm gonna trying saying that his girlfriend is a lucky girl! Thanks again!

• Glad I could help and please feel free to ask if you need any more advice... :o)

• use your head not your feelings.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes