Is it awkward if I say happy birthday to my ex on fb?

Our relationship ended really well and it was mutual... we just didn't click... he asked for no contact and didn't say happy birthday to me on my birthday. Is it weird if I say happy birthday to him or is that a no-no? We're still friends on fb. Idk, seems harmless, but I don't want to encroach on any post relationship rules.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (depends)
    Vote C

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give a simple happy birthday,

If someone's not going to go at their way to wish me one, why should I do something sweet and thoughtful on theirs?

He's lucky I'm at least wishing him one, after he ignored mines and said he wanted no contact.

I'm not saying be bitter, but don't go out your way for someone that won't do the same for you.

• lol interesting. didn't think of that. maybe I'll be the "bigger man" and just do it lol

• Well...I said happy birthday. He liked and commented on everyone's comment but mind. Awkward...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It's just Facebook. Go ahead and do it. No harm, no foul.

• Yeah, that's true. I just don't want to idk, upset him on his birthday?

• hm good point. idk. in case he has unresolved feelings haha. idk. good question.

• well I did it... He liked and commented on everyone's comment but mine... ha ha awkward... right?

• Accidently clicked yes, meant to click no.

• I ended up saying happy birthday ha ha and he liked and commented on every person's but mine.. awkward... haha

• Haha, exactly.

• hahaha my attempt to be friendly was completely shut down!