Is it okay if I break up with him via text?

We've barley dated a month. I don't call him my boyfriend. I just don't want to have to sit down with him and talk about it like I would if we were more serious. I just want to break things off and be done with him but I don't want to be a b*tch. What should I say to him? Whether I do it over text or in person I don't want to be mean.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all - it is not easy to break up. Once you have make mind to be in relation - it is decided by many factors. Even after break up - you will compare him with your new boyfriend, and you may find out something was better in the past and something is lacking in new one. If you have decided to break up - never with him over text. Call him and discuss the matter with intention of resolving the differences since you have not been dating for long. Please call him and truthfully explain why you are breaking up with him

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It is not OK to break up with someone over Text message. Ever. Be upfront and honest with him. You can be honest and protect his feelings and not be "mean". Don't ever think that being dishonest or passive-aggressive is somehow being "nice"

0|0
    0|0
  • Just say you're too busy..you can make up thngs you are 'busy' with, he won't know...

And yes, after only a month, there's no code that says you can't do it by text.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its better to call him and break up rather then text him

1|0
    0|0
  • no , at least do it eye to eye ,

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• No! It is NOT okay to break up with anyone over text. Break ups hurt as it is, so when you get a text from your boyfriend/girlfriend that's a break up text, it's ending a relationship on a crappy key. Do it in person. Try and explain your reasoning, because there's nothing worse for a boyfriend/girlfriend who's been dumped, than not knowing why the relationship didn't work. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, doesn't matter if you aren't a real couple or more serious, ending things over text is awful. Besides, that's your view on it, that it isn't serious.

You're probably thinking he'll plead or make a drama or whatever when you tell him when you just want to end things, but not necessarily so.

Either way, you can't go wrong in taking the effort to tell him in person or at least call him. That's being considerate and not treating him like some random stranger.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the worst way to break up with someone. it doesn't matter how long you've been dating, it kills the person inside when it's a text break up. The best way is face to face, even over the phone hurts

believe me, I've been broken up with by text, phone, and face to face (today :/)

0|0
    0|0
  • NEVER break up with someone over text, its honestly so rude. At least call him. If I were you since you haven't been dating that long, I would text him first and say "I need to talk to you, can I call you now?" Then when he says yeah, call him and truthfully explain why you're breaking up with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Never dump over text, I've been there. Its the worst

0|0
    0|0
  • Call him at least.

1|0
    0|0
  • Call him and tell him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been dumped in a text message. It's AWFUL and it made me feel like I wasn't even worth a real conversation.

At least dump him in person. That seems weird, but it's really the best way to do it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes