Why does it hurt to break up with someone you want gone?

You've been thinking about the break up for a long time. You planned it and mentally prepared yourself. Its for the best. Yet why do I feel so terrible afterwards?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm in a similar situation. I liked him a LOT but I knew it had to be over because he was a major jerk and did not respect me. obviously he was not always that mean but he changed.

but I still have trouble and feel tempted to contact him sometimes. he was part of my life for months.

and I always remember the good times we had.

and now I don't have anyone special in my life.

it's a big black hole. even if you have no feelings left, you still had someone and now you don't.

and if you had strong feelings for the person, well, it's even worse.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE