Why are guys jerks when breaking up?

I had been dating this guy for a while and I fell in love with him. He broke up with me without even telling me! I found out by myself. You don't want to even know how I found out. So my question is why can't guys have the guts to tell her why?
I see what your saying but shouldn't the guy be kind enough to eventually say why to her?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• why do "guys" not have the guts. You are generalizing when in reality you are talking about your specific ex and possibly a bunch of others.

But to your point more specifically when people don't want to give you a specific reason it is because they are too afraid to be honest and deal with the reaction. It is a bit of a cowards way out (particularly if the dumpee asks for specific reasons), a way to avoid confrontation or perhpaps a way to not hurt a person's feelings, but regardless it is a ploy to avoid being completely honest.

To not even address the person directly, like your guy did shows that he is immature and probably a bit of a coward