Guys, can you give me advise please..

I broke up with my ex in December, we were together for one 1/2 year. We hadn't be agreeing on much, like I felt I wasn't being appreciated enough. Went N/C for 5 weeks. It broke my heart to walk away, but at the time I felt it was the right thing to do. He finally text me, but he was angry as to why I didn't call to see if he was OK etc. I explained why and we continued back forth texting about how hurt we felt. He said we could be friends, but I told him I could not be friends with him just yet. 2 days later he text me again, this time only short texting.

I then texted him 4 days later, we didn't speak about the break up, just spoke about what was going on in each others lives etc. we got great! I just feel now that I'm back to the start again.. :(

I miss him more now, and the crying, depression and lack of sleep has kicked in. I love him and I'd love to get back with him, but I don't know if he wants that? I'm too nervous to ask him, I'm afraid of rejection I suppose!

Do you think if we keep the communication going it will bring us closer again?

01