Is it wrong of me to ask him about his ex girlfriend?

So I have been with my new boyfriend for a couple months now. Everything is going wonderfully, except for the fact that I feel he is being shady about his ex girlfriend.

When we first started hanging out, he made a point of saying that he is super close with a girl he used to date, and they hang out all the time.

Based on simple deduction, I've discovered that his ex is his best friend sarah. He isn't close with any other girl, so it had to be her.

The thing that bothers me, is that he hangs out with her all the time, but never mentions when she is there. He has never even voiced to me the fact that he and her dated. I don't know how long ago, I don't know how serious they were, all I know is that SHE ended it with him.

Then, I was having a family party that I invited him to. I told him to bring a friend (I was hoping to set one of my girlfriends up with one of his guyfriends). And he was going to bring Sarah. I was so confused. Was he trying to make her jealous using me? She has a boyfriend by the way, so maybe he is trying to prove he can find someone else too? She ended up not being able to come, so he didn't bring anyone. it was weird.

Now, I am supposed to go to one of his family events on Friday. He said to me I should leave Saturday because he made plans to see sarah. I guess they Haven't hung out in a while, so "that is his priority on Saturday." I found it strange that he didn't invite me to come, or to meet her.

I just think its weird that he won't give me ANY details about their relationship other than the fact that they hang out frequently and that she was the reason it ended. Also, I've met all of his friends by now besides her. Why was she allowed to come to MY family party, but I can't hang out with them?

I don't know. I'm probably overreacting but it just seems weird. I don't like being left in the dark. he seems really into me and everything, I just can't help but be a tiny bit sketched out.

21