Do I still want my ex boyfriend?

Hi. I'm a junior In high school and I had a boyfriend for 3 months in the beginning of school. We really liked each other but then I broke up with him because I was losing feeling. When I'm not with him I miss him but when I'm with him I don't feel right. I don't know what to do. Right now we are not together and I will be moving in 2 months. I like other guys, but its hard because of the feelings I have for him.. I don't want a relationship because I don't think I want to be committed. I'm 16 and I still want to experience things I haven't. My ex makes me feel bad when I say I just want to be friends... I think the only reason why I'm going bak to him most of the time is because I want him to be happy.. When he's not happy I hate the feeling that its my fault. But my whole question is what do I do? Do I let him get over me and let him find how to be happy on his own? Or should I try to work things out? Sorry this questions is confusing.. I hope someone gets it..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I get what your asking. You should let him find his own happiness, your only leading him on staying with him out of guilt, your building him up for a bigger fall, 3 months isn't a very long time, he will get over it, but not if you stay with him out of guilt, its not fair to him, and especially not fair to you.

Like you said, your young, experience what you feel like you should experience.You should never be with someone out of guilt, you should be with them because you love them, like them, enjoy their company, or whatever, you said you don't feel right when your with him, that's a pretty clear sign you don't really want to be with him, maybe you like the idea of him, and not him, himself.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It's something only you can tell...Ask yourself do you want him and how you want the whole thing to be...If it doesn't goes that way then you souldn't go for him.

And if he is not happy..it's not you fault anyhow.

0|0
    0|0
  • It must be difficult; on one hand you do like him but when he becomes close to you, you realize that he's not what you want down the road. For this reason I generally avoided high school relationships because it was pretty much drama on top of drama when everybody found out. And to be completely honest, high school relationships are good primarily to teach people how to face relationships and dating in later years when those relationships actually matter. Not to say that you can't love someone in high school, but more often then not those feelings fade into other lesser feelings as the years wear on and you realize that it's not your goal to love this person forever and ever. At least you have the maturity to realize this, but hopefully it cleared up the underlying thoughts. The ones in college and onward are the ones where you begin to actually know what you want out of relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you really want him to be happy, then do whatever it is that makes you happy.

Both of you are young - neither of you know what you want in life.

If you're not really "into him" then have him as an ordinary friend - ignore the comments from the sidelines - People will always judge you - your "friends" (meaning those who are really your friends and those who follow you when it benefits them - they exist in every stage of life, not just your teenage years) will always talk. They will either talk about what they know, what they think they know, what they think to be true and in some cases, they'll even make something up.

Just do whatever it is that feels right to you. Your happiness is worth no less than anyone else's. Its nice that you want to make him happy - but what do you want? If you are not sure, that is alright - but if you are going to be a passenger, don't complain unless you are willing to share in the driving.

Put yourself first

0|0
    0|0
  • You simply have to leave him. It's clear that he doesn't like you as much now, and you need to pursue your happiness as well. You've already drifted off so you're not obliged to make him happy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes