He held back on getting together last year but now he is all for it?

This guy work friend of mine, we've known each other a looong time and we work fairly close together. I know him very well and he is a very sincere and honest guy. Last year some chemistry developed and he started flirting with me. This lasted months and even his friends started making "when are you gonna get together" type comments at us. I let him know in no uncertain terms I wanted to get together. But he seemed to pause and hold back. And went very quiet for a few months.

During this time I felt very messed around and hurt so I backed off and as it happened changed departments at that time so my exposure to him was very limited.

However after a few months he then started seeking me out again and is now very eager and wants to progress things on now. He seems very smitten and honestly very invested in this but my trust levels in him have dropped as a result.

Can anyone off some insight?

Why pursue me early last year for months if he had no intention of bringing it anywhere?

I'm surprised cos I know him to be a very good guy and he is not a player at all.

Would appreciate some guys perspective on this.

Thanks for your answers.

Should I confront him about - and just ask him upfront? Or should I just go out with him a few times first and mention it then when we're a bit closer?

I hate the thought of him leading me on last year for months then backing off cos he met someone better then came back to me once it ended. I just feel so second hand. If I was important to him I don't think he would have wasted so much time.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that he got hold on his feelings, and you're really the girl for him.

He's really putting his all now, so don't be surprised if he will be moving too fast.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You think he's fallen hard? Would have thought he would have jumped at it long ago instead of dragging it on so long if that were the case. I feel so messed around