Is someone who keeps getting cheated on in every relationship just unlucky or is there more to it?

If every relationship a person has ends up with him/her being cheated on do you think its just really bad luck? or could they be subconsciously picking people with cheating traits? or maybe something else?

What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think if it keeps happening, you have to take some kind of accountability on who you're picking. Anyone can cheat and I assume that most people will get involved with a cheater at least once in their lives, but if it is happening repeatedly, you're picking the wrong people. I'm assuming shallowness is going to play the biggest part in that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• If it happens more than two times, it's most likely the person is subconsciously picking partners who are likely to cheat. There's no such thing as bad luck if all your exes cheated on you. you picked them.

I don't usually pick people like that. But I do have a tendency of falling for emotionally unavailable men :/

0|0
    0|0
    • I never seem to understand this phenomenon of girls falling for emotional unavailable men. I mean what does that even mean exactly anyway? I'm just curious, cause I know I wouldn't waste a solid minute on a girl who clearly wasn't interested.

• Show All
    • its fine that you share yourself, but we were confused by what you meant.

• I"m foreign, still have difficulties expressing myself properly and accurately in English. Hope I made myself more clear :)

• Either they have bad initial judge of them...

Or

Something is lacking, and they are driving them to cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are too naive and don't listen to their guts. I've been cheated on (emotionally) but the warning signs were there; he was just manipulative, abusive, etc., and I was so resigned and lowered my standards so much that I was ready to accept that "oh, every guy does ____" and I finally drew the line at the cheating.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• This is not what someone in this position would like to hear, but how often is what we like to hear the truth? Chances are they are doing something to make the other person cheat. There is no justification for cheating whatsoever, but people do cheat when their needs are not met.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly its probably both bad luck and how you pick them. I've had a similar dating life were the majority of my GF's have either cheated on me, or did something close to it.

Sometimes it is partially you in the sense that you are picking the wrong people. I will admit I was slightly at fault for this. But at the same time, human's aren't mind readers and you can only realistically know so much about a person unless you want to be friends with them for 10yrs before you date them, which obviously isn't realistic. I know many of the girls I dated who turned out to be pieces of sh*t seemed like awesome people at the beginning and even my family and friends thought so, many times encouraging me to date them, only to be surprised themselves one the girl would go off the deep end. Some people are just really good actors. They get what they want, and then they f*** you over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here is a summary of my past relationships. All of them.

Cheated on

Turned out she was a stalker

Cheated on

I'm lucky when it comes to card games and probability, but not relationships. It's luck, and subconscious choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • As the old saying goes, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's definitely more to it.

0|0
    0|0
    • like what?

• It can easily go both ways. Sure the guy might be sh*tty but if the girl isn't anything to write home about either, how is any man supposed to take her seriously and respect her? Not saying everyone doesn't deserve respect because they do, but when people aren't living up to their greatest version of self, things generally go down the pooper. I.E. cheating, break ups, etc. That's just how it works.

• It's more of being unlucky.

There are only a few percentage of women who cheats because of factors.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think someone can have several girls and all of them be cheaters for no reason related to him, but Its possible. Have you thought of anything you could be doing wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • People at times would rather be right than happy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes