I hit my ex boyfriend

A couple days ago I broke up with my boyfriend because I found out he cheated on me with another girl. He kept trying to tell me that it didn't mean anything blah, blah, blah. I knew he was full of it. He only had a few things over here, nothing significant so when he said he wanted his stuff back I responded by saying that I'm not going to give it back to him. He got mad and started calling me multiple times, 65 times in two days. I didn't respond, but when I checked my email he sent me a picture of him having sex with a girl. I was with his best friend and his girl when I found out and I broke down. He got him to come over to his house and when he did I was hiding behind a car and basically started hitting him in the face, ripping his jacket and spiting in his face. We were together for 4 years and I don't understand how a person can do this to a person they used to love. I felt a lot better when I got my anger out on him but I just still feel bad because I was in love with this guy. I don't know if I'm just sad its over or what but I just don't understand why he would do this. Why would someone do this to someone? Should I feel bad about what I did? I don't know what to think, but I'm not ashamed of what I did, in my eyes he had it coming. I just don't get what reaction he wanted from me, like did he think I would be crawling back after I saw it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, cheating is wrong. He's an a-hole. Now that we've settled that...you are crazy and a criminal who derserves to be arrested an prosecuted. You have zero rights to hold on to his stuff. And I don't give a f**k how angry ( and justifiably so) you were, you have no right in the world to put your hands on anyone out of anger. I don't care how much bigger he is than you or whether you could actually do damage to him. That's criminal assault. A felony. If the roles were reversed and he put his foot up your a** he'd be in jail and probably have the book thrown at him as he would deserve. But you're 100% wrong here and you're not even sorry. F**k your emotions, f**k being in love with him or not. It means nothing. You don't hit. You don't commit violent acts. Even if he taunted you, you are still dead wrong. You'd be calling him a wife beater and the cops would have gotten called if he'd whipped your a** after you hit him. It's a double standard and it's b.s. Girls have pissed me off plenty, girls have hit me. Never, have I even grabbed one to stop her from hitting me. It's called self control. Get some.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• You should feel bad for assaulting him, and are lucky you didn't go to jail.

He is an a**hole, and you are way better off without him. Next time someone cheats...get angry, but get away. Cut them out completely and move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, first off, you should be happy to have that loser out of your life. You don't need guys like that. On a more serious note, you should never strike someone else. You are very lucky that you have not been arrested.

0|1
    0|0
  • The only thing you should be worried about is an assault charge but because girls usually can't hurt guys very much its not likely. Think about it in the opposite direction, if he hit you in the face multiple times he would be going to jail

0|2
    0|0
  • What a f***ing cock...sending a pic is so low. Hitting is obviously bad you not being ashamed of it is also low.

Honestly, him sending that picture was to piss you off because you pissed him off by disallowing him to get his stuff. It was simply revenge. And no, he did not think you'd be crawling back. That's a complete sign that he doesn't love you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay, so you are in a bad place and this is a horrible situation to be in. He sounds like a jerk and you should be lucky to have him out of your life.

That said... you've committed multiple crimes here and now you've documented them. There are probably crimes against calling you 65 times and sending you explicit photo's but none of them are in the same ballpark as assault and battery. If you don't have friends making this clear to you then you should think about what you are reading here both from me and other people.

You need to give him back his stuff and stay out of his life. It's over and if you are not careful you are going to have more than a broken heart... but a felony record! The law makes no distinction over a woman committing violence versus a man... and his infidelity won't protect you.

0|1
    0|0
  • you should call the cops and ask them what they think? they might be able to get you the help you need?

0|0
    0|0
  • In the fabled Isle of Dressrossa, women are lawfully allowed to stab the men who have cheated on them...only if they can provide evidence that the man cheated on them.

You should looking to stabbing. xD

Maybe not.

Anyway, hey. 4 years from now, you won't care about this guy. You'll be off doing something worthwhile in your life and you'll be with a guy who will respect you for you. Think about what went wrong in your relationship. Try to fix it up by changing some aspects of yourself. Are you too impatient? Take Yoga lessons. Too emotional? Learn to control them.

Do things that will improve you as a person so that eventually you'll mee a guy who is worthy of you :)

Also, I was totally joking in the beginning. Don't try stabbing him...at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • WOW holy sh*t... firsty no you shoudlnt feel bad for slapping him... he cheated on you after 4 years... and he f***ing sent you a picture of him and that girl... My question to you and all the other girls who have this happen to them is... and not to rub salt in the wound but HOW THE F*** DO YOU NOT KNOW A GUY after 4 years? Like why are you surprised this happened you really didn't know him well enough to know he was capable of doing this? AFTER 4 YEARS? And if you did know he could do it/had a history of doing this, why continue to stay with him?

0|0
    0|1
  • Holy crap you're both horrible people, but you are definitely the worse of the two. First of all you're a thief. But what's even worse is you lured him into a trap in order to assault him. You absolutely should feel bad about what you did.

I'm going to assume that like most people you believe in equality of the sexes. If that is the case how would you feel about a man who beat his ex because she cheated on him? Would that be acceptable? You need to realize that you can't just go around physically assaulting anyone who upsets you. You should be locked up. Violent people like you are a threat to society.

You're a terrible human being and he is better off without you. Maybe THAT is why he cheated.

0|1
    0|0
  • You shouldn't feel bad.

Men will not be hurt by a simple hit by a woman.

It's fine that you hit him since he's been calling you names, even sent you a pic of him having sex and others.

Simply move on from him now, and ignore him for the rest of your life.

0|0
    0|2
  • Men should never hit women, and women should never hit men, even when they act like douche bags and commit the ultimate act of betrayal. It's completely understandable to be hurt and upset, but violent behavior could result in criminal charges and possibly a civil lawsuit. It's best to take the high road by simply walking away and feeling thankful that you don't have to waste another day with the wrong person.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Stay Strong. You don't deserve a guy like that. Instead of acting the mature way, he decided to act like a whiny teenage boy. What you need to do is not stoop to that level. It's okay to cry, let it out. You shouldn't have someone like that in your life. Forget about him and live your life. You have one life; live it fully and gloriously. Also, when you are able to, look at this as a lesson, as an experience about whatever you obtained from it and learn from it. Take a look at your life and take in all the good things, even if it's only one thing, and focus on that and focus on the things you need to focus on so to ensure many more good things will come to your life. Hang in there.

(sorry if this sounds a little corny)

0|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes