I hit my ex boyfriend

A couple days ago I broke up with my boyfriend because I found out he cheated on me with another girl. He kept trying to tell me that it didn't mean anything blah, blah, blah. I knew he was full of it. He only had a few things over here, nothing significant so when he said he wanted his stuff back I responded by saying that I'm not going to give it back to him. He got mad and started calling me multiple times, 65 times in two days. I didn't respond, but when I checked my email he sent me a picture of him having sex with a girl. I was with his best friend and his girl when I found out and I broke down. He got him to come over to his house and when he did I was hiding behind a car and basically started hitting him in the face, ripping his jacket and spiting in his face. We were together for 4 years and I don't understand how a person can do this to a person they used to love. I felt a lot better when I got my anger out on him but I just still feel bad because I was in love with this guy. I don't know if I'm just sad its over or what but I just don't understand why he would do this. Why would someone do this to someone? Should I feel bad about what I did? I don't know what to think, but I'm not ashamed of what I did, in my eyes he had it coming. I just don't get what reaction he wanted from me, like did he think I would be crawling back after I saw it?

112

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, cheating is wrong. He's an a-hole. Now that we've settled that...you are crazy and a criminal who derserves to be arrested an prosecuted. You have zero rights to hold on to his stuff. And I don't give a f**k how angry ( and justifiably so) you were, you have no right in the world to put your hands on anyone out of anger. I don't care how much bigger he is than you or whether you could actually do damage to him. That's criminal assault. A felony. If the roles were reversed and he put his foot up your a** he'd be in jail and probably have the book thrown at him as he would deserve. But you're 100% wrong here and you're not even sorry. F**k your emotions, f**k being in love with him or not. It means nothing. You don't hit. You don't commit violent acts. Even if he taunted you, you are still dead wrong. You'd be calling him a wife beater and the cops would have gotten called if he'd whipped your a** after you hit him. It's a double standard and it's b.s. Girls have pissed me off plenty, girls have hit me. Never, have I even grabbed one to stop her from hitting me. It's called self control. Get some.