Depressed and can't move on

It's been a month since I broke up with my ex, going on two months. I broke up with him for being unreliable and cancelling plans we made together. He was holding on to my stuff all month long and I got my stuff back finally 3 weeks ago. I don't even look at the stuff. I keep it hidden pretty much. But the feelings are still there. When I saw him, I just felt so sad. Like this is the last time I'll see him. I miss him. Mostly, I miss him because he was my friend and because I don't have anyone else to hang out with. When I hang out with my guy friends, all I do is talk about him and it's always the same thing over and over again. I get annoyed even listening to myself. I just have to ask them for advice on how to get over him. I don't know why it's so hard. The relationship wasn't even that serious either. We only dated for 3 months and I was hardly in love. But I cared about him a lot and wanted him to succeed. I guess that was love. But I miss his face.

I find myself checking up on his twitter, Facebook, and instagram daily to see if he has any new gfs. He has befriended several girls who oddly favor me or have the same interests as me. They also act quirky too and are mixed with the same ethnicities I'm mixed with, which is all too weird. There's even a girl with the same initials as my name who also looks like me. It's strange. On top of that, when he returned my stuff, he still kept a couple of items and also mixed some of his things like his CDs into my stuff too. I texted him and told him he still had CDs in case but he never replied. I don't know if I'm supposed to listen to them or what but he doesn't seem all that worried about them so I guess I'll keep them. He was too young and immature for me. We didn't do anything. We never went out special, hung out with his friends, or did much of anything. He met my parents and he was the first guy ever that I dated who met my parents and my family and were my family liked him at first. But we never did anything in this boring little town but maybe go downtown and go to the lake or park every so often.

And he also comes by my job when I'm just getting off of work. I don't know if it's to watch me or what, but they said they saw his car and saw his car take off when I left. I never see his car or where he's parked so I don't know where he hides or whatever. He's also trying to get a job closer to my job as well. He told me over the phone when I wanted my stuff back. I told him good luck and that I hope he gets the job.

I don't understand him at all. He's giving me all these signs that say he wants me back like keeping my stuff, giving me some of his favorite things, visiting my job, and trying to find work closer to me. Yet he won't return my texts and he doesn't write on my instagram either. He also told me he's not going to date anyone else after me either. But he was the one who said he wanted to be just friends, and I told him no because I still had feelings for him. How can I move on for good?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop checking on his Facebook/instagram/twitter. Delete his # out of your phone. Your just torturing your self by constantly checking on him. Pick up a new hobby and focus on your self and only your self. These short intense relationships are actually really hard to get over. I've had farm more trouble getting over my 3 month one than my 2 year one...

I'm in the same exact spot as you right now. Except me and my Girlfriend of 3 months broke up just a couple weeks ago and we hung out all the time. Just gotta let him go and accept that he's gonna move on and so are you. And after a long natural amount of time you will be able to talk to him as a friend, but to do that you gotta move on first! Good luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE