Would this have bothered you?

OK long story, will make as short as possible. I was with my kids dad for 12 years. My best friend had a baby buy a neighbor hood thug. My best friend lived with me a few times during mine and my kids dad's realationship, wich means we ended up meeting my best friends baby daddys mom..lol. aka my god daughters gma. ANYWAY my kids dad was very abusive and has been in prison for 3 years and won't be out soon. We split up like 8 years ago and I met my current boyfriend 6 years ago. Well he turned out to be my god daughters uncle, her dad's big brother but we had never met because back when me and kids dad were together he was in a relationship with his kids mom. So fast forward ..his mother has known me for a looong time. She just recently found out me and her oldest son are together. She saw me pulling up to my place and getting out of my car yesterday and asked my boyfriend if that was me. He said yes and she rolls down her window and says girl you better quit eating. Now granted she met me when I only had one baby and still weighed 115 lbs..I have had 3 more children and gained some weight but that was 15 years ago when I was that small. I told her hell no I'm not gonna stop eating and she said if you keep on you ain't gonna fit in your little ass car anymore..First of all she is bigger than me, has diabetes and in and out of the hospital. secondly I drive a 2005 hyundai sonata..small but not compact..she drives a little bitty saturn..What the hell? I was pissed but didn't let it show..She already has a problem because I am white and her son is black BUT, he is 35 years old. I so badly wanted to say when I need a regular doctor and he tells me I may need my foot cut off soon then I will quit eating. by the way I'm not fat either..how would you have reacted?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• she's just a hater. she says things to try and get at you. try not to let it get to you. Understand that what she says comes from a place of insecurity and intolerance. Unfortunately for her you are a constant reminder that her son isn't with whomever she thinks he should be with. Oh well f*ck her, right?

I would be angry and probably tell the boyfriend that, that kind stuff is not cool. He should probably standup for you although I do know a lot of guys have a stuff time standing up to their mothers.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• First of all who her son dates is of no concern of hers. He's 35 years old, he can make his own decisions. Additionally, it is quite possible she was insulting you with weight issues because she may be in disapproval of you dating him because you are a White woman and because of your history she just didn't want to com out and say it directly.

Even as such, though her words may have been a bit insulting, you will have to be the bigger person and walk away. As long as you're both happy and he treats you well, that should be your only concern.

Focus on things that are genuinely important to you. Her rhetoric is hardly worth any time and effort concerning yourself about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she is mad because her son is dating a white woman and just wanted to insult you. I guess your just gonna have to put up with her

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• She talks as if she didn't have any children and she doesn't know how women biologically gain weight over time (from 0 kids- to # of kids). Just leave her alone, you've got better things to think about and attend to. Or maybe its just her concern for you too, since she has diabetes...tough love though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes