Can a psychologist do this?

Can a psychologist do this?

If you see a psychologist at your university I know that they can only break confidentiality only if you break you are going to harm yourself or others. I have been having a lot issues with my university and that is why I go to see the psychologist at my university but I feel as though she may be reporting back to administration because my university have been screwing up on a lot things and they may be trying to cover up their butts. I really do not have hardcore evidence but lets just say I am not dumb. Everything is not a coincidence. Can a psychologist do this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a grave violation of professional ethics, and therefore a big lawsuit if you can prove that the psychologist is telling anyone about you..for any reason.

On the other hand, how would you prove such a thing? I can't tell you it's not happening; university administrations have done worse things, and they're paying his salary.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Its a her...I know how universities can act believe me. Universities can be evil and also cover up things!

• You could askthe psychoogsit directly if she's doing this. While she of course wouldn't admit it to you, your asking her might frighten her enough so that she stops!

• I am definitely going to ask her!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• If she is and you can prove it, you can sue the pants off the university. Unless you threatened violence against the university, students, faculty or yourself then that information does not fall under mandated reporting laws.

0|0
    0|0
  • Legally no. Why don't you start documenting the issues that come up with your university instead? Or see outside help rather than the school's therapist.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was going to see outside help but my appointment is two weeks from now and the school has no waiting list.

• Show All
    • Are you saying at my school? Yeah, this school is scary because they DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! and everyone will tell on you for no reason!

• And you are so right I said the same thing when I first decided to go to counseling at my school. They had too many openings which pretty much scary. Its only three people that work that office and 5,000 students. Something is not adding up!

• Psychologist do value their client's confidentiality a lot.

You shouldn't worry about this.

If you really are, then simply talk to them for a reassurance.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• This is why I never talk to them at my school unless its about transfering schools or finding a job other than that I have nothing to do with them. Confide in a friend instead, I seem to trust friends more...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes