Can a psychologist do this?

Can a psychologist do this?

If you see a psychologist at your university I know that they can only break confidentiality only if you break you are going to harm yourself or others. I have been having a lot issues with my university and that is why I go to see the psychologist at my university but I feel as though she may be reporting back to administration because my university have been screwing up on a lot things and they may be trying to cover up their butts. I really do not have hardcore evidence but lets just say I am not dumb. Everything is not a coincidence. Can a psychologist do this?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a grave violation of professional ethics, and therefore a big lawsuit if you can prove that the psychologist is telling anyone about you..for any reason.

On the other hand, how would you prove such a thing? I can't tell you it's not happening; university administrations have done worse things, and they're paying his salary.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Its a her...I know how universities can act believe me. Universities can be evil and also cover up things!

• You could askthe psychoogsit directly if she's doing this. While she of course wouldn't admit it to you, your asking her might frighten her enough so that she stops!

• I am definitely going to ask her!