Will he come back...again?

I'm 50 and my ex is 47. We've been dating for 5 years. During these years we've had a few breakups.. mostly about communication issues and ghosts from his past - where he was hurt badly. Recently, we've had a lot of stress between my work, a death in the family, his son, and his work..and we also talked marriage and moving to another state. We were happy.. he said he was happy.

then, one day a few weeks ago, I called him after a stressful day and said how glad I was to hear his voice. He yelled at me that I didn't listen to his voice mail. I was stunned at this ... He tells me I NEVER listen to him and he has to tell me things 50 times. Since communication was an issue in the past and we even went to a counselor to resolve and understand. I have been very in tune to hearing him and I asked him if we could discuss his hurt and angst. He just kept yelling and said I make him so angry.. that he knows he has an anger problem, but that it's because I don't listen to him.

I sent him a nice email stating my part in this breakup and encouraged him that listening to him is very important to me.. that HE is important to me and how can we work this out?

Long story short, he brought all my stuff back to my house, he said he was sad. We had a good talk and we would keep the communication open. THen, three days later... he said he wanted no contact. only...to text me a very happy birthday the next week and we're still on Facebook.

I have not heard from him since.

My question, how can he go from SO loving, have wonderful times together, working out the issues and we both felt good about it. .even the why he's gets angry. He said how much he appreciate my patience.

What's his deal?

10