If a guy takes a day to text back should I do the same?

So I started talking to this guy and he has always shown interest but he has never been over-board, he works graveyards and goes to school. I thought he wasn't really interested but he told me he really is so after a few weeks he asked me out on a date, ended out having a blast! We hung out again and drank together, I am not a drinker so I got DRUNK! We slept together...We hung out the day after. I texted him in the daytime about 2 pm and he never texted back until 5 am today. I am paranoid because I know I shouldn't have slept with him...I do like him and he said he likes me but I don't know. Anyway, he takes forever to text me back so should I do the same? Don't wanna seem too eager.

Updates:
Thanks guys. :)
Thank you to all of you guys once again. Apparently I was just paranoid...lol.

He texted me all day yesterday and this morning. He said he is off tonight so he wants to hang out. :) I guess he does like me. Haha! See what happens.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's going to play games, what do you think he's going to do if you were to actually start dating or even further into a relationship? Some guys think "oh it's just building attraction so it's ok". Call him on it if you want to, or ask why he's doing it. The fact you slept with him might even altar his opinion on being with you, which is really sad that some guys (and girls too) do that.

If someone plays games, they themselves have something to hide whether it's insecurities or they don't want to seem "easy". I wish that people just realized that if they were themselves truly that that's good enough reason as any to be with someone. Falling for someone simply because you can't have them only lasts so long; about as long as it takes for you two to become official plus maybe a month. Then reality sets in and you see the TRUE behavior of them and it's usually not pretty at all.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Would everyone stop with the damn text timing stuff. It's so annoying and causes conversations that should be quick take so long. If you're not too busy, text when you see it. He probably didn't see your himself or was too busy. Conversation isn't a game, just respond.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't text him. If he wants to contact you then he will and you'll know he's interested. Let him wonder a little about his prospects with you and that you're not always going to be waiting and biting your nails for him to to call. You're not playing head games, you're being independent and showing that you have things to do if he's too busy.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, text him whenever the hell you get his text, if you're in the washroom and you don't get his text till an hour later, text him then...obviously...see his text right away, text him back, keep yourself busy and go about your business and when you text will come naturally to you. stop playing games.

0|0
    0|0
  • How did you first meet this guy, was it through mutual friends or school... and what made him have the confidence to make the first move by saying he likes you and asking you out?

Which I'm glad he did, cause if women made the first move by asking a guy out, she won't get rejected.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say no...if you want to reply back, dammit, reply back.

Stop playing games.

If your patience is wearing thin, don't FORCE yourself to text him back . Just text him back as you please. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Just text when you want. It's silly to play 'timing' games. Be true to yourself, and don't worry if he can't handle it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just text back when you get the text. Timing games are so annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make it sporadic. text back in fives minutes, 2 hours, a day. Just completely random. Honestly I wouldn't wait a whole day though, that's dumb.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop being paranoid and needy. He's just busy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He probably texted you after he was done with work and school... you said he works tje grave yard shift and goes to school at night. It's possible that he was asleep when you texted him. Go through the same things with my friends that do stufff like that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes