Breaking it off over the phone?

We've known each other about a month, and he confessed he had feelings for me about a week ago (like FEELINGS - he said he'd fallen in love with me). He's a really sweet, genuine guy, so I decided to give him a chance even though I was a little freaked out by the whole love thing.

We went out/ hung out a couple of times, and I really enjoy his company. He's also an attractive guy, but I'm just not feeling it. Kissing him is really weird.

I'm going on holiday for a week tomorrow, so I thought now would be a good time to break it off because he won't have to face me for a week (we work in the same building) and give him time to get over it.

Should I call him to do it and explain?
We met for lunch earlier today, and I told him I still wasn't sure (I've been really upfront with him about having just come out of another relationship, and needing time to work out my feelings for him), so I can't meet up with him again today and I'm leaving in the morning.

I feel like it would be really cruel to leave him hanging the whole time I'm away, and then come back and break it off.

217

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, the sooner you tell him the better, so it won't be hangkng over both your heads while you are on vacation.

You know, he likely has the same vibes, so he won't be so crushed to hear this. And after just a few days, it's fine to just tell him over the phone.

Most likely, it wil lcome as a relief to him, as wel las to you, to have this settled.

Just tell him you will still be friends when you get back. There's no reason for any sort of high drama between you.