My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years plans on joining the military but isn't sure about marriage. I don't know what to do.

My boyfriend and I have been together 2 1/2 years. We were friends first and have lived together for over 2 years and adopted as dog together. He has made it known over the years he isn't ready for marriage but after losing his job he has looked into joining the military. I honestly thought it was more talk then anything but just found out he has been to the recruiter 3 times behind my back. I an extremely hurt by his deception. I can't imagine my day to day life without him and want to get married so we can stay physically with one another as much as possible, but as I said he isn't looking fir marriage. I just really need some advice. Can anyone help?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• If he doesn't want to get married, you can't force him to. It can wait. Relationships are supposed to be about giving and taking, so you have to be able to take this.

Just be honest and tell him your true feeligngs. Let him know that you are hurt that he went to the recruiter behind your back. Let him know that you don't want him to lose his life in the military, and if he joined, you would miss him a lot. You have to let him know what you are really thinking. Use emotion to show him that you really mean it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE