Dealing with my first break-up... how do I make sense of the void I'm left with?

We broke up and it was (essentially) a mutual decision. We were really close: great chemistry, shared interests, same beliefs, good communication and good sex. There used to be so much love and now there's an empty hollow space instead. We haven't spoken and we haven't met each other since. I asked to stay friends and he said he can't do that. I can't believe all we had is gone forever and none of it can survive, not even friendship. I'm heart broken because it feels like this person is dead. Like he was never there in the first place.

I'm sure many of you have been through this... how did you do it?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Its been more than 2 weeks since my first break up , it was a mutual decision as well. Everything that you mentioned above describes exactly what we had me and my ex boyfriend. we had a one year relationship and 4 years friendship.

We haven't spoken since then.. and I feel , just like you , that everything is gone.. that I lost him as a bofruend but also as a best friend.

Im trying now to move on with my life even though I have to admit I'm still holding on on hope.. the hope that he could eventually come back to me.. that is what makes life bearable to me now.

As for you , I think your ex still have feelings for you.. Because not wanting to be friends with you anymore is just a sign that he can't face the person he still loves knowing she isn't his.

Good luck though .. and just get in your mind that you are noooot alone!