What is he thinking/feeling?

My ex recently left me to go back to his ex. There was nothing wrong with our relationship, other than her begging him back. His reason for leaving was basically because they had years together compared to our months.

This is their third break up and I'm sure it won't be their last.

Of course I was thinking he's a jerk for doing this. But then he came to get his stuff out of my house. I put his stuff in the garage for him to get without him having to talk to me (per his request). When he came to pick it up I was standing by the window, right before he got in the car he looked straight at me for at least 10 seconds. He just stared...and he looked like he was hurting. :/

He said he wants to keep in touch and that if things didn't work out with her he will beg me for another chance.

Things were really good between us. I almost feel like he didn't really want to do this but she has some pull over him for whatever reason. (And they don't have kids together.)

Of course my girlfriends say he will be back. (Will I take him back? Maybe, maybe not) Just wanting a guys point of view.

20