"Study dates" with a guy

We're in college, and this guy and I have become closer friends and have been spending quite a bit of time together recently.

We sit together in the same lectures (he makes a conscious effort to sit with me), he sits in some of my classes (although he's not part of the class), he asks me to join him for simple errands, and we sometimes spontaneously go out for a casual coffee or breakfast after/in between classes.

Recently, we've started studying together as well for upcoming tests and stuff. We're currently on spring break and in separate countries, but we've kept in touch through IM.

I'm already back in Uni, and he's still in his home country till next week. He texted me yesterday asking if I wanted to meet up again to study a certain subject with him. Unfortunately, I don't take that subject (and he forgot that), so I had to say no. He then asked if I wanted to study 2 other subjects with him (which he knew we had in common) when he returns next week. I've agreed to that and I'm actually looking forward to it :)

So...am I looking too much into this - is he just friendly/interested? Do you think these 'study dates' could turn into something more? Usually we don't just study - we talk a lot, order food, watch silly stuff together - just general hanging out I guess. :)

01