Admit it or not? We were split...

Not to sound like the friends episode but my girlfriend and I split up two weeks ago, she wanted a break I said no, either we are together or not. It crushed me inside to not be with her and to not have her want me as much back so I went on vacation. During that time I got drunk and had a meaningless fling in an attorney to feel like a man again...it didn't work. Now I just feel worse.

I've since returned and asked my 'ex gf' if she's open to Talking, and she is. If we do bet back together do I admit the fling? What if she directly asks? I was safe and all, and I had no intentions of us getting back together when it happened, is this one of those things better left unsaid?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's better left unsaid.

Girls always claim they want to know the truth in these cases, but they don't. They only want the truth that they want. Give them the wrong truth, and they will still dump you amidst a flurry of tears and "How could you's?" and all that drama.

Even if you were safe, get quietly tested before getting back with the ex, just to be absolutely 100% certain you're not dragging anything back with you which will be a nasty surprise. And then just never tell her. What she doesn't know, can't hurt her.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• This will hurt her so badly if she finds out after you've gotten back together. It will seriously crush her. You have to consider that. Honestly I think you tell her but put a spin on it like another answerer said... tell her that you know that there's no one out there for you like her :)

I think honesty is the best policy but I don't know either of you personally... just know that if you're going to keep it a secret, you have to make sure she NEVER finds out.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a tough one. On one hand, I'm a huge advocate for honesty and would despise a guy that started our second chance on a lie. On the other hand, I'd be super turned off to find out that you slept with a random girl and it could definitely change my mind about getting back with you.

The choice is up to you really.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Leave it unsaid as long as you can..she might well be suspcious of what you did during the split, yu know...

Itr's best to tellt he truth if she directly asks. The closer you a e with her, the more likely it is she can tell by your behavior that someting 'happpened'; during these two weeks!

If you do wind up telling her, emphasize that you were just so lost without her...it's not like you're making that up!

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if it feels like you're going to get back together, you Gould both be completely honest with each other. Maybe don't bring it up, but if it comes up, spin it around to say it made you miss her or realize you loved her still or something like that

Point is though, don't base your 2.0 relationship on a lie

0|0
    0|0
  • act normal

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes