Admit it or not? We were split...

Not to sound like the friends episode but my girlfriend and I split up two weeks ago, she wanted a break I said no, either we are together or not. It crushed me inside to not be with her and to not have her want me as much back so I went on vacation. During that time I got drunk and had a meaningless fling in an attorney to feel like a man again...it didn't work. Now I just feel worse.

I've since returned and asked my 'ex gf' if she's open to Talking, and she is. If we do bet back together do I admit the fling? What if she directly asks? I was safe and all, and I had no intentions of us getting back together when it happened, is this one of those things better left unsaid?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's better left unsaid.

Girls always claim they want to know the truth in these cases, but they don't. They only want the truth that they want. Give them the wrong truth, and they will still dump you amidst a flurry of tears and "How could you's?" and all that drama.

Even if you were safe, get quietly tested before getting back with the ex, just to be absolutely 100% certain you're not dragging anything back with you which will be a nasty surprise. And then just never tell her. What she doesn't know, can't hurt her.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE