Should I end things with my boyfriend that's moving to another state?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half. He recently told me that he's moving to another state with his family. I was devastated. He hasn't mentioned anything about the two of us. Like whether he'd like to try a long distance thing or if he wants to wait up until the day before he leaves to break up. I guess I'm just really confused. If his plans are to break up with me I'd really like him to just get it over with now then for him to keep stringing me along. Because I honestly don't think it's fair to either of us. We're in our early 20's and have our whole lives ahead of us. I love him more then anything & he knows it, but he hasn't shared those same feelings towards me. Please help! I don't know what to do.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• It's natural for you to feel sad, strangely, it confuses me that he hasn't mentioned your relationship in moving away. What I can gather from this is either he is planning on breaking up with you soon or he is distraught as you are and doesn't know how to deal with his new-found situation.

Either way, try not to stress yourself out as the situation with him moving away cannot be avoided. Don't badger him or constantly call or text him, let things play their course. The next time you have the chance to see him in person or you feel he's not going to contact you, I suggest you straight up sort out your relationship arrangements. That is, whether he wants to try long distance or just give it up.

If he wants to give it up, that'll be the end of it. If he wants to try and continue, the best thing you can do is try and make life easy for each other. Anticipate it will be a challenge, don't be hard on each if you don't talk everyday, or if he wants to be around other/new people because with moving away that is inevitable. It all comes down to whether you feel he's worth a long distance relationship and whether he feels the same way about you, you have to talk about it. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes