Married man wants to marry me

ok. So, I have been dating this man for a few months. we both work at the same place. He is married and has two sons. We both are crazy about each other and he is willing to divorce his wife to marry me. I always wanted him to break the news to his wife andhe did that yesterday.but now I am sh*t scared. I wonder what my friends would say about the affair (I never told anyone)...what will my parents think... how will I cope with the fact that he has two kids..and that he would often meet his ex wife because of the kids...they will always stay connected...what if he ever thinks of reuniting with her. I am having second thoughts about being with him. But now I can't do anything. It is because of me he took such a drastic step and it would be monstrous on my part to bail out on him now. what should I do

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Your fears of what others may think if you, is the same thing as what your current haters think about you.

No one said marriage was easy. Some say its slavery, some say its hell, but all married couples can agree to one thing, and that marriage is a journey.

2|0
    2|0
  • never get involved with a married man. If they have problems let them work it out if they end of divorcing then fine but if they work it out and stay together then leave him alone. Also it's never a smart idea to date someone you work with, because if something happens and you two break up it'll be awkward for you both.

3|0
    0|0
  • Anyone who is willing to leave their partner so easily is not someone you want to be with. Once they get sick of you, they're bound to monkey-branch to the next person.

3|0
    0|0
  • Way to be a home wrecker. He is just going to end up leaving you like his last wife.

3|1
    0|0
  • Ultimately, you will get what you deserve...the same thing you've given his wife.

4|1
    0|0
  • Wow. Stay classy, chick.

4|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• How do you feel about his kids? His connection with his wife? What would your friends think?!

How retarded are you for these questions to come up NOW, after a fief months and AFTER breaking up a family?! You selfish brat.

2|0
    0|0
  • you just have to accept him right?

knowing that he is married and have two kids, you know you shouldn't have ever come in between them and expected him to divorce his spouse. what if the same thing happen to you?

if I know somoene is married or attached ie girlfriend or have fiance , I would hands off...

0|0
    0|0
  • the way you got will be the same way you lose him ;)

and you're only scared because you know its wrong

3|0
    0|0
  • It's going to get ugly. That's why I don't mess with people who are taken even if they claim their relationship isn't going well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love how all the comments are leaving out one key factor; are your ready to be a step mom? You are not marrying just him, but his side of the extended family. Although I don't condone this step you have taken, it is time for you to put the big girl panties on and own this decision. You need to let others know you are in a relationship and take the responsibility. That also includes being a step-mom, driving the kids to his ex-wife and meeting her, and even raising these kids. You do realize that it won't be about you anymore when you marry this man? It will be about these kids because when you're a mom you put them first. If you can't accept these realities, then please back out for his sons' sake.

0|0
    0|0
  • im in this situation right now...

you can't help who you fall in love with. don't listen to what societies mouths have to say about talking to a married man.things have changed now a days. he made that big leap for you so now show him you want to keep him. ride the waves girly..

remember marriage is only a contract.

the marriage was over the second he met you and fell for you anyway.

whatever you do DONT blame yourself, just keep a watchful eye on him and learn from this ok.

please read the book called " the rules"

you willlll thank me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Let me tell you something. He is not willing to leave his wife to be with you. He's just saying that to keep you around. Dump him.

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't have done that... now his wife will be single with two children and the children will no longer have a father... Why did you want him to tell his wife in the first place if you feel bad now? Why did you date him in the first place if he was clearly Married? You should've left him alone, even if he liked you. I don't feel sorry for you if that's why you posted this. But I don't hate you either, and I truly hope that you learned your mistake.This was just one mistake that changed peoples's lives, but then again, everyone makes mistakes. The difference is if people learn from their mistakes. And I don't think you should take all the blame either. The husband is an a**hole for s having an affair and leaving his children...

1|0
    0|0
  • He will probably end up cheating on you too. Remember the way he feels about you now is also the way he felt about his wife once. Not to mention married men lie to their mistress's about how the wife is an ice queen, etc to get you to continue to sleep with them. One day he may be telling his mistress those stories about you even if they are completely untrue.

Sorry to tell you this. I am not saying you are a bad person because the heart can make people do things they would otherwise not do but I am trying to be practical. I think you should find a new job and leave him for someone more trustworthy. You will feel this way again about somebody and hopefully it will be someone worthy of you this time.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes