Is it possible to move out at 18?

I'm graduating high school in 2 months, but have no job at the moment. I'm planning on getting one before I leave school. Then save up some money in the summer and move out by September. I'm just really not happy with my family, my mum is just not 'motherly' or possess any motherly qualities. I think my life would be a lot better without her in it full time, and I'm willing to spend the extra bucks every month to make that happen. I just need to grow as a person and figure sh*t out on my own, and my parents don't really let that happen. Or would it be a bad idea to move in with my boyfriend, he's 26?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Q1. Yes.

Q2. Yes. Caveat. Don't take this the wrong way. A lot of relationships don't work out till the mid 20's for most people. It would be hard, but try to gain some independence first. Your partner can always help you out with the difficult stuff but you will feel better having a place of your own.

Also, if the worst comes to the worst in your relationship. You won't have any problems with finding somewhere to live, if the worst happens.

If he is "The one" then go for it, but don't let your living situation make things difficult on your relationship. Talk it out with him and see what your partner thinks. The last thing he wants, is for you to just turn up one day at his door, saying you're homeless. He might want you to move in, but that isn't the right way to go about it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• its possible, but its not easy. Maybe you and your boyfriend can make it, but I have a couple American friends atm who are kinda struggling on their own, and they are with their significant others too. You can save up money, but you will be surprised at how fast that money evaporates

0|0
    0|0
  • I had to escape my parents household. It was a huge and welcome relief. I don't even like visiting. The problem is it costs money.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's possible, but it's not a good idea to rush that kind of thing. I agree that some space between you and your mother will do wonders to your relationship with each other (worked with my dad and I). But I highly recommend giving yourself more than just a summer to save up money. Remember you'll have to pay rent, utilities, cable, groceries, and any bills your mom may not pay for you anymore (car insurance, cell phone bill, health care, etc). And make sure that if you move in with your boyfriend, that you won't break up anytime soon.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes