If your partner cheated on you would you take them back?

Like if they did it once and swear to never to do it again would you be forgiving and take them back?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. If they did it once, they can do it again. That's just the ultimate "f*** you" in my book. It shows that he doesn't care at all about me. I'd rather him just break up with me or not even begin a relationship at all.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Even before that, if my partner expressed remorse and cheated accidentally, then I would never have broken up in the first place. I can tell if apologies are real or not, to some extent. Forgiveness makes us better people. Although if there was no remorse and the cheating was because she lost feelings for me, then I wouldn't be able to stay with her.

The thing is, I would rather break up than resort to either one of us cheating. I would have this agreement with my future partner.

1|0
    0|0
    • How do you cheat accidentally?

• You cheat accidentally when you say "just this once to get it over with" or something when you're pressured (and you have a weak will) to do something improper. It doesn't even have to be sexual pressure, it could just be some slight intimidation or something. One of the questions I answered on GAG involved one of these situations.

• I'm very likely to f***ing punch her straight in the face if she'd ever dare to say something like that

No way in hell - I don't forgive cheating, I'm not some f***ing cheap slut

1|0
    1|0
  • Nope. I would lose all trust and respect for her. Without trust and respect there isn't a relationship to save.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I have too much invested in the relationship at this point. Plus I would have a 'freebie'

2|0
    0|0
  • Never. If they don't respect you enough to be faithful, when will they ever.

2|0
    0|0
  • Very, very unlikely, but in the event that I did, I would cheat on her until I felt I'd had enough. I don't know if that would be one time or 50 times.

0|0
    2|0
  • If it was long term, then probably yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say no, but if I still had strong feelings, I'd be dumb and take him back. After all, people change once given a second chance or so I'd like to believe.

1|0
    0|0

• I'm not for that, it's not in my nature to forgive for big things.

But I keep hearing everywhere that if people really want to be together they will fight past things.

I really don't live by this this but do see where those who see it that way are coming from.

Maybe if I was married to the guy or had been in a relationship for many years I would try to get over it but it would be hard...and if it was a very intimate relationship with that other person..it would make it extremely hard for me to forgive my partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never taken a cheater back. I've never even wanted to, my attraction to them was ruined.

I really don't know, as I've never been in love. I really don't see myself ever staying with someone that cheated on me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes