Troubling story from girlfriend I started dating about her ex

So I've been going out with this girl for a month and she volunteers this story/information. While with her ex , she discovered he was flirting with another girl of some way. She then took his loaded gun in the bedroom , came out , cocked the gun and threatened to shoot him on the spot! Apparently the guy was begging for his life and she didn't shoot him. But she stated if he would have dared her or been cocky she would have shot him there. I stated she would have been locked up for 25 years or more...and she didn't seem to care. I'm blown away by this story. So I ran her background and sure enough she has robbery, battery, and aggravated battery with a weapon on her record! Should I run?! I have fun with this girl and she is super hot, but dam...

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoa. I'm sure she's a good person at heart, but she seems rather too unstable at the moment.

Cut her off and stay AWAY from her! I'd usually try to recommend you trying to work things out by talking, but she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who'd understand.

You'll only risk having a relationship where you're walking around eggshells your entire life and where one bad move, will not result in the ending of your relationship, but probably THE END of you. It's worth it to try and risk it if you're only going to end up being hurt emotionally and NOT physically!

She needs to see a therapist and try to release all her hate in a more subtle way. If you can get her to do that, you could salvage something off of this.