What's the chance this person is a catfish?

I'm asking this on behalf of a friend(female) who just got out of a relationship.

I apologize for its length but here's the story.

-Bad break up with ex, got told to f off and told was a stalker by ex.

-All of a sudden her ex sends her a Skype of his "friend" who supposedly likes my friend, supposedly this is a guy she'd seen before whilst skyping back in the relationship.

-Been in contact with this "friend", but on Skype he doesn't talk or have a webcam,uses text instead-she's not seen him at all even though he was happy to talk back when this friend and the ex were skyping her.

-Now wants to meet up and go on a date.

Is it just me or is this a bit suspicous? This guy supposedly was on cam to her back when she was with her ex and was talking. Yet after a messy break up her ex linked her to him, who hasn't talked or shown himself to her because and I quote "he's worried about his accent".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10