Can having false hope for an ex to come back into your life hurt you ability to move on ?

Can having false hope for that one day to come when you can get the chance to start over with your ex .have a bad effect on your ability to move on? because I think it's hurting me a little bit.its been to years sense we Broke up and no contact has been just as long .i just unblock her this week .i didn't try to look at her page or anything like that.all I wanted to do was take her off of my list that's all.I'm no longer feeling super depressed any more.i have been keeping myself busy doing things that I like and I have meet some new girls along the way now that I'm back in school .but I just can't seem to let go of this little hope that I have for my ex to come back in my life so that we can start over again.ther this part of me that just does not want to give up on her complete . And I know that right know the chances of that to ever happen are less then 20%.

This ex of mine is not my girlfriend she was my best friend but the break up hurt just as bad as if she was my girlfriend ...I really liked her and I want to be more and she knew that to becaues I told her but as you can see it didn't happen .but now I don't really like her like that anymore I have move on.I just want to be friends with her again if I ever get the chances to make up someday with.Now she didn't brake up with me becuaes she didn't feel the Same way as me .it was a lack of communication that did it

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi,

Yes, it can hold you back. From experience, I'd forgive her for whatever happened between you two and go from there... Forgiveness is the best thing you can do for yourself and it will halp you to move on, sometimes it can reunite people. Trust your instincts though and best of luck!

Sarita

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, it hurts a lot. In my experience it took me 6 years until I closed that circle. It ruined one of the best relationships I had. He ended up getting married with someone else, and I was expecting something that never happened. Please, close that circle and keep moving on. Nothing good will happen out of that hopeless waiting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it can... it can really hold you back from finding someone else or someone better. However the pain of losing someone you love even in a friend away takes time to get over. Once you get past that then it can be easier to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • can you text her and ask her how she has been? tell her you don't want anything for her but that you miss the friendship you two had and wish her the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • My best friend just so happened to be my first love. We initially started along distance relationship when I was in high school. He eventually moved from CA to TX we dated and he would come stay with me for periods of time. Long story short we tried to stay in contact but it failed bc we were in relationships. In March 2014 I realized I needed his advice so I contacted him. We have managed to remained great friends even though we don't talk everyday. My advice to you is to contact her. I thought my ex would blow me off however he actually missed me. You'll feel much better after trying to contact her regardless of her response :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Bill. Dauterive. yes it can

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Yes having that hope will stress you out until the end of days. But honestly if it's been years since you've talked to her, I would say it's safe to hit her up and see how she is. AS FRIENDS!. Me and my last ex of 2 years broke up on terrible terms and about 8 months later we had lunch and were like best friends but no desire to be with each other in that way again.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have one quick question for you. I decided that I am going to talk to her .but I am really nervous about it.I wanted to know if you felt the same way when you were getting ready to talk with your ex.if so what did you do to calm yourself down?

• I wasn't nervous because I didn't want to get back together with her. I simply wanted a friendship with her. So if she didn't respond It wouldn't have hurt me... Don't talk to her if your not over her. Best advice I can give.

• Alright thanks

Recommended myTakes