Can having false hope for an ex to come back into your life hurt you ability to move on ?

Can having false hope for that one day to come when you can get the chance to start over with your ex .have a bad effect on your ability to move on? because I think it's hurting me a little bit.its been to years sense we Broke up and no contact has been just as long .i just unblock her this week .i didn't try to look at her page or anything like that.all I wanted to do was take her off of my list that's all.I'm no longer feeling super depressed any more.i have been keeping myself busy doing things that I like and I have meet some new girls along the way now that I'm back in school .but I just can't seem to let go of this little hope that I have for my ex to come back in my life so that we can start over again.ther this part of me that just does not want to give up on her complete . And I know that right know the chances of that to ever happen are less then 20%.

This ex of mine is not my girlfriend she was my best friend but the break up hurt just as bad as if she was my girlfriend ...I really liked her and I want to be more and she knew that to becaues I told her but as you can see it didn't happen .but now I don't really like her like that anymore I have move on.I just want to be friends with her again if I ever get the chances to make up someday with.Now she didn't brake up with me becuaes she didn't feel the Same way as me .it was a lack of communication that did it

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi,

Yes, it can hold you back. From experience, I'd forgive her for whatever happened between you two and go from there... Forgiveness is the best thing you can do for yourself and it will halp you to move on, sometimes it can reunite people. Trust your instincts though and best of luck!

Sarita

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE