Is it just a break or is it over?

So long story short my ex boyfriend and I were going through a rough patch and he asked me if I thought we should take a break. He made it seem like we wernt gonna take the break unless I agreed to it. He said it doesn't mean the end maybe just a month or so and he could maybe sort out his fealings if he really loved me or not and I thought it would be a good idea. Then I hear from a friend that he started telling everyone at work(yes we are co-workers) that he broke up with me. Now he ignores me and talks to everyone around us but me. I do the same. Right after the break up he was really nice but he stopped that shortly after when I didn't really respond to his nice gestures. I was hurt and confused. Is it just a break or is it over for good? Also how do I lighten up the mood since we are in the same work place?

also why did he go out of his way to be so nice to me at work the day after? I just said thankyou and went on with my day. But Now he doesn't even look at me...why?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever someone says "we're on a break", I'm never optimistic. I agree with Michaelmwm19 that it was pretty low and immature of him to go about things like this. Plus, when a couple goes through difficulties, they should not go "on a break". They should work through the difficulties.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE