Is it just a break or is it over?

So long story short my ex boyfriend and I were going through a rough patch and he asked me if I thought we should take a break. He made it seem like we wernt gonna take the break unless I agreed to it. He said it doesn't mean the end maybe just a month or so and he could maybe sort out his fealings if he really loved me or not and I thought it would be a good idea. Then I hear from a friend that he started telling everyone at work(yes we are co-workers) that he broke up with me. Now he ignores me and talks to everyone around us but me. I do the same. Right after the break up he was really nice but he stopped that shortly after when I didn't really respond to his nice gestures. I was hurt and confused. Is it just a break or is it over for good? Also how do I lighten up the mood since we are in the same work place?

Updates:
also why did he go out of his way to be so nice to me at work the day after? I just said thankyou and went on with my day. But Now he doesn't even look at me...why?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever someone says "we're on a break", I'm never optimistic. I agree with Michaelmwm19 that it was pretty low and immature of him to go about things like this. Plus, when a couple goes through difficulties, they should not go "on a break". They should work through the difficulties.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• why would you want him back? that was a low blow on his part, but I get it you can't help who you love.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's over, taking a break always means its over.

0|0
    0|0
    • Update: because we're guys. We dont' form the same emotional attachments. When we're done with you, we're done. We cut all ties with you. It's how we move on.

• It's really over.

Simply treat him professionally at the work place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Taking a break = It's over

Stick a fork in that relationship. It's done.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• God,that's hurtful.I don't know why you would still want to be with him at this point.If I were you,I would leave things as they are and find someone a thousand times better.For him to go to work,and spread your business,is gross and immature behavior.Forget about this jerk...keep it moving.I would just ignore the hell out of him and only speak to him when its work related.

1|0
    0|0
  • since he is ignoring your text and spreading break up rumors..maybe you should ignore him and widen your social circle.date some male friends and let it be known by coworkers,see if you get a response then.I bet he will wonder wth is going on,at that point if he asks tell him what you heard and the fact that he's ignoring you confirmed he was done with you so you accepted his decision...if he loves you it will bug him.

1|0
    0|0
  • he wanted out

unfortunately we can't make someone want us..it sux

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes