Wants to work if out after finding out that I am no longer pining over him.

So I was in a relationship with a guy for over 3 years but he would always see his ex girlfriend and I made it clear that I wasn't comfortable with that. They were friends for a long time before they started dating so I had some understanding there... She even moved next door to him. Anyhow I always felt like the rebound girl. To the point were I told him he should go back to her if he wants to. He always said that she is the last person he'd want to go back with. Last November I found out that they had sex even after I asked him several times if they were intimate while we were dating and he lied on all those occasions. HE then said he was still in love with her and that he isn't adverse to getting back with her. (I felt so bad) so I basically cut him off and told him to go back to her. We still spoke and everything. No malice (he is a good person though, kind and generous). So now after years of fighting with him and trying to make him love me and crying myself to sleep I finally realized there is a guy that I liked. I never noticed before but I have liked him for about 2 months now but I don't know if he even likes me back. . . Except now that he has found out that I like this guy (as he search my phone and saw messages to my best friend) the ex is saying that he's sorry and that he no longer is in love with his ex he was just overcome by emotions and all and he also said that he has told her that he doesn't want to be with her (so this goes to show that all along they both were thinking of the possibility of getting together again). . .What to do? I don't know if I can trust him and I don't think I'm in love with him anymore.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants you to want to be with him, but has no problem screwing you over and sleeping with his ex. I don't blame you for not feeling like you're in love with him anymore...he lost your trust and respect and doesn't deserve it.

• Thanks for BA! I wish you the best of luck : )