Do guys have a 'guy code' like girls have 'girl code'?

Yeah there is 'girl code', e.g. can't date your friends ex, ect. But I've always wondered do guys even care or have these limitations on entering relationships? If there is a 'guy code' what are the general rules then?

I personally think to have these rules is not something to abide with like a law or something, but some generally do make ethical sense in just courtesy and such.

814

Most Helpful Guy

• We have guy codes. Sample guy codes:

Stay away from your friend's girlfriend.

If you're trying to get with someone, we'll keep our distance.

Put in a good word when she asks about you.

• So what if the guy in questions doesn't know the (ex)boyfriend personally? Would you still flirt with her (like winking during an exam, make eyecontact) if she does the same? Would it give you a negative impression?

• If he's not my boy, then it doesn't matter, because I'm not obligated to stick up for him.