Is it considered cheating while you're on a break?

If you sleep with another guy while you're on a break does it count has cheating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The party that didn't cheat will most likely feel like it is. The party that's cheating will most likely feel guilty even if they don't need to feel that way. Curiosity strikes me: "Why? Was it worth it?"... I don't know if your (ex)boyfriend did this to you, or vice versa, but with a little mental aptitude it would have been avoidable with a 10 second phone call to say "I'm moving on, sorry for the short notice"

~ ArtistBBoy

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=fsvsRZhNVp4 I couldn't help myself :')

About the actual question. Technically it's not cheating because because it's basically a temporary break up, but morally maybe not so much. If you want to be with someone else make the break up official. Isn't the break supposed to be a cooldown period where you think if you want to continue or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think its technically cheating, but I would break up with you for sure if you did. taking a break from a relationship doesn't really mean that you can go do whatever you want and get away with it. I would look at it like oh so you wanted to take a break to go sleep with other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say it is. Unless you explicitly said during the discussion of the terms of this "break" (the two of you DID discuss the terms of this break, right?) it was OK to hookup with other policy...

then to HIS standards of what you consider "cheating", being sexual with another dude is considered you cheating.

Remember, whether something is considered "cheating" or not, is ALWAYS based on the significant others' perspective, NOT yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have to ask if something counts as cheating, it probably is.

0|1
    0|0
  • WE WERE ON A BREAK!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You're on a break. (ie. broken up, even if it is only supposed to be temporary)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I think a lot of it depends on what the break is about..

How long the break is...

How far into it did it happen..

Who was it with...

I am on a break, sorta.. we're still seeing each other, but not as often, and we're not "exclusive" at the moment..

0|0
    0|0
  • did you two clarify that part..no cheating? its just a break not a break up so if you are asking you must feel guilty

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you're not officially dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but the fact that you can sleep with another guy the second you guys break up is a red flag for most guys!

1|2
    0|0
    • Exactly.. It almost shows you don't care about your boyfriend. even though your on a "break"

Recommended myTakes