Does finding a new girlfriend/boyfriend help you forget/get over about an EX that you loved?

Does finding a new girlfriend/boyfriend help you forget about an EX that you loved?

My EX and I ended because I got a scholarship to Oxford in England while he has to stay in Berkeley, CA where we were together.

We decided not to keep in touch because it was too difficult. I checked his FB and saw that he might be dating again. It's just a guess since we are not friends on FB. . I feel happy for him, but still heartbroken you know?
  • Yes, it helps me forget/get over
    Vote A
  • No, it doesn't help
    Vote B
  • See answer
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• a lot of people run into anothers arms to avoid the pain of a breakup..its a rebound and although it may be a temporary fix,its not the answer..dealing with pain and loss is a process ,if you don't take time to heal you will bring the pain to the new relationship

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think it'd ever help you forget, but it'd help you focus on something else. But if you're dating a person as a rebound or to get over someone, that's pretty sh*tty. You should focus on yourself and something about you and your life you want to improve. That's the better option. It does the same thing in helping you get over your ex without screwing another person over and making them suffer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, best way to get over someone is to find someone better.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if the new person isn't "better"?

• Then keep dating till you find someone better. I find it really funny but also kind of sad that women take SO LONG to get over a guy, when we guys get over women so easily. You need to realize that you WILL find someone better, I read a thing that says each of us has thousands of people who would be a good mutual match, you just need to get out and find them! Trust me, you WILL find a better guy, you just need to look!

• That's actually the fastest way to get over someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does for guys,

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Awwe that is so so sad :( :(. I personally wouldn't give you great advice because honestly I'm going through heartbreak right now. Me & my first boyfriend broke up & sadly, on bad terms. But I guess you two ended on better terms, so don't force youself into dating someone else just to get over him. I say we should use this time after a break up for ourselves.

I hope this video helps. It helped me.

0|0
    0|0
  • it all depends on how strong your feeling are. Maybe you don't miss HIM maybe you just miss his hugs and his kisses. Sometimes getting another boyfriend/girlfriend might help get over him and get your mind off him a little.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes