Is He Worth Committing To?

My boyfriend and I of a month and a half broke up a few weeks ago. I was shocked, we had been doing great. It was a stupid breakup, he realized, and would like to get back together. However, now I'm hesitant to get back with him. Here are the positives: he's sweet, attentive, likes to explore town with me, likes to give sweet surprise, intelligent, funny, creative. negatives (at least to me): he spends a great deal of time sleeping. which isn't normally a problem, except sometimes he sleeps a whole weekend away only waking up to eat. Sometimes, when I'm sad and he's not sure how to help me, he gets frustrated. he has some depression issues. these don't get in the way of his job, but it does impede his socialness (made up word). he's a loner. I have trouble with this because I do like going out. I like hanging out with people, but he likes to spend a lot of time alone. He also doesn't like drinking. At all. I drink a max of four times a month, and I'm responsible about it. yet, he always lets me know at least once that he doesn't like it at all. in fact, he finds it a turn off.

Now, my question is...since he has so many good characteristics , are these little red flags worth concerning myself over?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• he likes to spend a lot of time alone or alone with you? big difference. if he likes to spend time alone just with you, its because he likes you. that's not a red flag. if you both work all day and he comes over. he just wants to be with you because he likes spending time with you. maybe he sleeps a lot because he has a demanding job and gets up at 5am everyday like I do. maybe he doesn't like drinking because there is alcoholism in his family, maybe he doesn't like who you are when you drink. I think you should give it another shot. just compromise a little. like don't go out every weekend maybe every other weekend. I think that it may work out in the end. these don't seem like big "red flags"

• He spends a lot of time alone without anybody. Just kinda sleeps all day. He has a semi-demanding job. He's a mechanic. I'm a very responsible drinker. He admits I don't change when I drink, I'm still just as normal as ever, just more relaxed. I don't think their big red flags just I'm not sure how these little bumps would be down the road.