Is He Worth Committing To?

My boyfriend and I of a month and a half broke up a few weeks ago. I was shocked, we had been doing great. It was a stupid breakup, he realized, and would like to get back together. However, now I'm hesitant to get back with him. Here are the positives: he's sweet, attentive, likes to explore town with me, likes to give sweet surprise, intelligent, funny, creative. negatives (at least to me): he spends a great deal of time sleeping. which isn't normally a problem, except sometimes he sleeps a whole weekend away only waking up to eat. Sometimes, when I'm sad and he's not sure how to help me, he gets frustrated. he has some depression issues. these don't get in the way of his job, but it does impede his socialness (made up word). he's a loner. I have trouble with this because I do like going out. I like hanging out with people, but he likes to spend a lot of time alone. He also doesn't like drinking. At all. I drink a max of four times a month, and I'm responsible about it. yet, he always lets me know at least once that he doesn't like it at all. in fact, he finds it a turn off.

Now, my question is...since he has so many good characteristics , are these little red flags worth concerning myself over?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• he likes to spend a lot of time alone or alone with you? big difference. if he likes to spend time alone just with you, its because he likes you. that's not a red flag. if you both work all day and he comes over. he just wants to be with you because he likes spending time with you. maybe he sleeps a lot because he has a demanding job and gets up at 5am everyday like I do. maybe he doesn't like drinking because there is alcoholism in his family, maybe he doesn't like who you are when you drink. I think you should give it another shot. just compromise a little. like don't go out every weekend maybe every other weekend. I think that it may work out in the end. these don't seem like big "red flags"

0|0
    0|0
    • He spends a lot of time alone without anybody. Just kinda sleeps all day. He has a semi-demanding job. He's a mechanic. I'm a very responsible drinker. He admits I don't change when I drink, I'm still just as normal as ever, just more relaxed. I don't think their big red flags just I'm not sure how these little bumps would be down the road.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It's not something you should concern yourself.

Every guy is unique and you might be regretting it if you leave him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think you need to pay attention to the red flags, and if theyre extreme, like it seems that he wants you to act different , or be or do different, (CHANGE) you into something you aren't comfortable with being or doing; then that's NOT good. I'm seeing someone like this; and he has tats, I can't stand them, he drinkd every night, he won't let his hair grow , He's stalked my websites, and accuses me of hings and talking to other guys/ flirtingf; which I am not; but he can do what he wants, and I have to walk a chalk line. Yet he's still married, and separated, and not worried about getting a divorce for my sake. Loves a 2 way street with compromises on both parts, if its to work. You shouldn't sacrifice who you are to fit into a tiny box he keeps on a shelf in a corner to gather Dust; You'll lose your sense of self worth. Don't do it girl. I Wish you Only the Best; Take Care of yourself first, then you can take care of him as they say...:)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it can work. Just try to bring him out a little more, see if he'll make a compromise with you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes