What did my repetetive dreams about my ex mean?

I'm with my ex-boyfriend again (the previous one), but I'm not happy. I'm just as unhappy as I was during the end of the relationship with all of the same problems. Then I realize I have a new boyfriend now, why am I with my ex? The boyfriend I'm with currently actually makes me and happy and I'm extremely glad to be with him now, so I'm relieved when I remember this. I end up yelling at my ex to get away from me or that I'm not supposed to be with him and I shove him away and leave. That's the end of the dream.

I had these dreams repeatedly after getting in a relationship with my current boyfriend. (The breaking up and getting a new boyfriend happened rather quickly, but that's a different story.) I want to know if it had any significant meaning.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't mean anything other than your mind playing different scenarios where you encounter your ex. Dreams are for one thing, and that is trying to come up with solutions for real life problems, it is like a problem solving skill all mammals have. The fact that you are having constant dreams about your ex means that you still see him as a problem. Maybe you are just putting to much thought into what happened. Just forget about him and be happy with your new boyfriend.

P.S. I'm sowwy to hear you broke up with your ex ._. ... but anyway I wish you the best of luck with your new one :D!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Well according to me..It's because , you loved your Ex more than he loved you and now you're thinking that what if exactly similar occurs with your new boyfriend?! that's why...

and yeah dreams do have meanings..I also faced similar situation like you have right now..

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably just your subconscious trying to resolve the fears you have that your relationship with your new boyfriend may end badly as well. It's good they end on a positive note.

2|0
    0|0
  • It means nothing, as they are dreams, and don't actually matter

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't have any significant meaning. It's just that you think of him a lot.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Oh gosh, was it a rebound (the new one)?

I can relate; I have a lot of nightmares about my bad exes, and I'm single. I also had them while with other people. If someone makes you unhappy for a long period of time, and you once felt obligated to stay, it's easy for the brain to choose a nightmare topic IMO.

0|0
    0|0
    • No...my new boyfriend was not a rebound.. We'd been friends while I was with my ex and I had a slight crush on him during the relationship and he liked me, too. We have a lot in common and it worked out a lot better than with my ex.

• Ok good. Good luck :)

• You said you got into this new relationship "rather quickly".. so your mind probably is adjusting to this new guy. Dreams mean a lot about your subconscious mind

1|0
    0|1
  • You're probably having those dreams to subconsciously work through your feelings about that relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • It means nothing.

0|1
    0|0
  • To dream that you walk off or walk away with your ex-boyfriend indicates that your current love interests are not measuring up to your ex boyfriend.

link

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes