Just got out of an abusive relationship

okay, my ex fiancé always mentally abused me. he never hit me, but always emotionaly/mentaly abused me. I finally called it off, and am not ready to date for a long time. but for future reference, I'll probably be more skeptical of men. more cautious and even scared that my previous situation may be repeated in new relationships. I need tips and maybe some confidence boosters so I'm not down in the dumps. I loved my fiancé very much. but I'm not on medication due to his abuse. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I'm confused and more than hurt. I just need some advice on what I should do next. I don't even want to talk to him because whenever I do he calls me a whore for leaving him. please, any advice? ( I already know to cease communications ).
now on medication*

45

Most Helpful Guy

• My heart always breaks a little when I hear these kind of stories. It pisses me off beyond reason to hear about abuse and mistreatment.

well do not talk to this ex. he is only going to make you feel worse and the cycle of emotional abuse. you are out of the relationship and that is the first step in feeling better. now you just need to realize that the way this guy treated you is no reflection of who you are but an indictment of who he is.

He is the person who has clear emotional issues. He could be insecure, he could have witnessed or suffered abuse in his past, he could have some mental instability that leads him to act the way he does. Irregardless it clear that there is something wrong with him to feel like he can treat you so badly.

Know that you are worthy of love and just found the wrong guy. But the right person is out there and waiting to meet you. But first take all the time you need to heal yourself. Take solace in your friends and family and remind yourself what it is to feel loved, truly loved. Remember the person you were before all the turmoil of this awful ex boyfriend and try to get back to that.

Take all you can learn from this past relationship and just accept it as a difficult stage in your life. Vow to find a person who will not treat you that way because you don't deserve it.

I've been in crummy relationships where I was treated awful. I had to remind myself after those break-ups that there is someone out there for you who will love you and will make you feel like a million bucks.

Good luck!