Do you think the Guy and the Girl should be friends after the break up?

What do you think about it ? should a guy and girl can be friends after break up ? why?

thank you ^_^
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Should they be friends? No.

Could they be friends? Yes.

Must they be friends? Sometimes yes.

I'll explain. :)

You shouldn't be friends with anyone you don't want to be friends with. It really depends on how the couple ended their relationship. If it was mutual or they at least ended it on good terms, so they might agree on being friends. But, if one of them still have feelings for the other, it will be very difficult for the person who's still emotionally involved to keep the friendship.

If they ended on bad terms, I think it's unhealthy to keep that person in your life. Imagine yourself being physically/emotionally abused, cheated on, lied to or the like and then you get to see that person who scared you badly...Are you going to be happy? No, it isn't healthy.

BUT, sometimes it is NECESSARY to keep them in your life. For example, if you have kids together. You can't be selfish and decide to keep him/her out of your life. You think about your kids' interest at that point, not yours, even if it means that you have to deal with someone who abused you or hurt you badly. Your kids still need a mother/father in their lives.

So, that's why I don't think you SHOULD be friends with anyone you don't want in your life, but you COULD if you want...but sadly sometimes you MUST keep them around for reasons that are out of your own control.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Only if you were friends first and the relationship lasted less than about two months and/or didn't get too physical.

I'm stuck as friends with an ex right now and even though we were friends first and I've been over the breakup for about two years, it's still weird. Some things you just can't take back.

0|1
    0|1
  • yes I do becaue even though they broke up they were friends before they even got together and they might still enjoy each others company

0|2
    0|1
  • My ex broke up with me a couple months ago and started a new relationship. We have children so I have to see him. He wants me to be his friend but I still love him so I find myself feeling sad being around him. I think if it wasn;t for our children I would like to avoid him if I could so that I could start healing. so I guess my answer would be that if things didn't end in a very bad way then being friends would be OK but only once both people have moved on from their feelings for each other in a romantic way other wise it just hurts.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes :) When I broke up with my boyfriend, we were still friends. It's not worth losing someone over

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 9

• Think about what friends do together? Friends go out, talk, have fun, help each other out. The "friendship" ENDS when two people get together as a couple. The thing is for guys is that most guys are not going up to girls asking to be "friends" in the first place and girls KNOW this.

Now understand that this isn't for all exes, but the vast majority has at least one of the two that still has feelings or sexual attraction for their ex. I have never been sexually attracted to any of my friends. By the way, real friends try to hook you up with someone and I have never had an ex try to do that for me.

Exes just want attention and comfort until they are done with you and ready to move on. I always try to warn guys that play themselves thinking that if they are "friends" with a girl that it could lead to something more and that doesn't work.

Some people think that friendship and closure is deserved after a breakup. Nothing is deserved. If that were the case then all nice guys would have all the women out there. "Friends" after a relationship? No, and hell no.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are *some* circumstances that this can be OK. Like if they were great friends before and the break up was mutual. Or if they weren't dating long. Or if something other than relationship problems caused the break up. But often this is just too hard to maintain if you are really emotionally invested in someone and lose them

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't do that. It's a waste of time; I never wanted to be just her friend.

2|3
    0|0
  • It depends on the situations and circumstances.

However, assuming everything is fine and OK, I'd say it's always sensible to be friends. Especially since the 2 were in a relationship they can compliment each other in various aspects of life.

However, what kills is the insecurity of self, the ex and each's parner at the present time especially regarding the 'sexual' aspects :D - fact

A relationship may end owing to any factor of compatiblity especially if logical and reasonable. This should not be held against various things that are complimenting each other.

End of the day it's an individual call.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes they should, since they were already friends before they started dating, they should remain friends.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes but not too close

1|1
    0|0
  • Once they've both moved on, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vote A

0|1
    0|0
  • That should really be important.

A guy and girl shouldn't treat each other like strangers just because they've broken up.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes