Do you think the Guy and the Girl should be friends after the break up?

What do you think about it ? should a guy and girl can be friends after break up ? why?

thank you ^_^
  • Yes
  • No

59

Most Helpful Girl

• Should they be friends? No.

Could they be friends? Yes.

Must they be friends? Sometimes yes.

I'll explain. :)

You shouldn't be friends with anyone you don't want to be friends with. It really depends on how the couple ended their relationship. If it was mutual or they at least ended it on good terms, so they might agree on being friends. But, if one of them still have feelings for the other, it will be very difficult for the person who's still emotionally involved to keep the friendship.

If they ended on bad terms, I think it's unhealthy to keep that person in your life. Imagine yourself being physically/emotionally abused, cheated on, lied to or the like and then you get to see that person who scared you badly...Are you going to be happy? No, it isn't healthy.

BUT, sometimes it is NECESSARY to keep them in your life. For example, if you have kids together. You can't be selfish and decide to keep him/her out of your life. You think about your kids' interest at that point, not yours, even if it means that you have to deal with someone who abused you or hurt you badly. Your kids still need a mother/father in their lives.

So, that's why I don't think you SHOULD be friends with anyone you don't want in your life, but you COULD if you want...but sadly sometimes you MUST keep them around for reasons that are out of your own control.