How do you tell the difference between someone staring at you on purpose and looking at you

because you moved and then look away when you look?

idk how to explain, but ya see something move in the corner of your eye so you look, so you move and then they look, cause movement see

not sure if I even make sense but attempt to understand it if ya can

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm with a stare the gaze is more fixated and intense I reckon. If someone was just looking at me (where there is no conversation going on) their eyes usually look a bit glazed over or not very interested, like they are just taking in their surroundings and observing anything that moves. While when someone stares at me its usually for a lot longer and they are ONLY looking at me and they seem to be present (not off day dreaming while 'staring' in the distance).

I'm sure different people stare and look at people differently but that's generally how I tell (its different in a conversation setting).

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• If you look them in the eyes, they should either look away or their eyes would change a bit, almost like there was a spark in their eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if they are just looking, they will look away when they see you notice cause they don't want you to think they are staring.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't tell the difference

0|0
    0|0
  • You can usually tell by the expression on their face and eyes.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I think I know what you mean. You mean that sometimes if I look at someone while I'm moving, how do I know if they were looking at me, or if they happened to look just after I looked (because they saw movement).

This is why I don't want to look at people, even if I might know them, because if I look at the wrong person for too long, they might think I'm staring. It usually takes a while to recognize people from afar or even somewhere closer. So usually I just look straight ahead and just glance briefly at others, if at all.

I think it really depends. People sometimes just happen to look, so I won't assume they're staring at me, or if they just happen to look at me. If they are staring at me, then I guess it's pretty obvious. But if they stare and look away when I look back, then I can't tell.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't. It is the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't tell the difference.

Though the one who stares at you on purpose tends to linger for a while.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes