How to become the bigger man in this situation

Basically I have fallen out with a 'mate' due to problems we had on Erasmus (exchange in another country).

I'm a pretty forgiving guy, but this lad really screwed me over during that year so basically I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

So here's the kicker, we have mutual friends still being in college together, and he text me to invite me out on a 'class night' out.

I'm a social person so I've nothing but love for everyone but him.

So really the question is how and if so, should I go on this night out without giving him the upper hand and still enjoy the night?

If I did go, I wouldn't really want to speak to him but I don't want to project my ill feelings (hatred) etc onto the friends (who I love) on their big night.

He's that female, bitchy, back-stabbing type of weasel (no offense intended to reader, just giving you a character profile)

I understand the above is dramatic, and something I never like to get involved in at all, so any advice would really be greatly appreciated.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• be cordial, that's all, nothing more. like, if he says hello, don't just turn away and ignore him, but try and not linger around and keep your answers short. he'll tell there's a difference but it won't be so obvious to everyone around

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE