Should I send my ex GF's son a parting birthday gift?

My girlfriend and I broke up last week. It was the last of many breakups over the last month or so. She has a son, which I think I feel worse over not seeing anymore than her. His dream was to always get this certain toy ... he is 5. girlfriend and I havnt spoken, but I feel compelled in my heart to order it and have it shipped direnclty to him on his birthday. the ex girlfriend said she had no money to get it for him.. (mind you she just spend 4 grand on lipo and breast touch up but that's another story), and her son came to me several times saying he wanted this toy so bad. I remember when I was a kid and nothing meant more than recieveing that dream gift. I feel I want to make this kids dream come true as well, even if me and his mother will not be together. I realize this may send mixed signals. Is this wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not wrong.

Send that gift.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Awww, that's so sweet! I'd say do it! If you are worried about sending mixed signals and just want to make him happy, you could send it without a return address. I don't think it would be too confusing to know it was a gift from mom's friend, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, that's really hard. I can see it might be better to make a clean break, yet I think if he really cares for you it will be an easier transition to have the gift and message 'I'm sorry I couldn't be there', rather than nothing at all which could really upset him - he might think he's done something wrong to make you leave. Buy it, I say.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I would send him the toay and say sorry you can't be there. I don't know if I would go into not being there inthe future. might be too much for him. I donnt have kids so I don't really know.

But I think definitley send it.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you are not going to be a part of this child's life, then it is better to just make a clean break of it. Long term you will hurt the child more, if you give him false hope about your being in his life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes