My ex is trying to talk to me again, any advice?

To make a long story short, my ex girlfriend and I are both 24 and were together for over a year...I wasn't perfect but I did my best to love her and treat her right...but, she was pretty mean...selfish...inconsiderate and downright manipulative. Threatened to leave constantly when she got mad, and most of the time I didn't know why. couldn't say how I felt or what I thought without her going off the deep end...but I tried to communicate with her, as calmly and respectfully as possible. She was never wrong and I was never right, it felt like..

Whenever I got paid every 2 weeks, I would give her half my paycheck and tell her to get whatever she needs for herself and her son...bought her roses a few times, which werent cheap. never mind that she told me that her and her son would be my family now, because I don't really have any.

We broke up 3 weeks ago, when I was in the hospital...said she couldn't handle my physical health issues and my "emotional baggage", and that was it. I have not spoken to her at all for the past 3 weeks since she left...and honestly I was over it in a few days. I do feel kind of lonely in the mornings though, when I wake up...but other than that, I felt happier, much less stressed and much more focused and accomplished at work. Even my friends and co-workers noticed a difference.

Well 2 nights ago she messages me on Facebook, saying she's sorry...she hopes I'm happy and healthier...said I always cross her mind every day...that she'll always love me. You know, the typical BS. I Haven't responded to her yet...and honestly it made me angry.

What can I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore her messages, move on! This girl sounds terrible, at least she treated you terribly. Find a girl who is going to love you and want to be with you.

She left you because she couldn't handle your physical health and 'emotional baggage'? Excuse me, but if my SO was sick, I would be at the hospital as much as possible! I'd be hell bent on making sure they get better, and would be by there side through their recovery.

She sounds like the one who has issues. Not you. You sound like the sweetest guy, taking care of her and her child. Plus being a good boyfriend to her.

You deserve way better than this girl. She just used you for your money, at least that's what it sounds like.

Go out there and find yourself a girl who is worth spoiling. Someone who isn't manipulative and threatens to leave when they get mad. Crap happens, it's life, move on, it's not worth your time to get mad and threaten to leave a guy over stupid stuff. That's just being dumb.

You said that you are much happier now, your happiness is more important than speaking with her. Do yourself a favour and delete her from your life! :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Sometimes when you're with someone for ages you get used to it. There will always be things you miss. And the fact that you are not with that person anymore hurts because deep down most us kind of hope that it will last. Even if we don't really want that. If it makes you feel bad communicating with her don't do it. It'll force her to drop it, hopefully. Honestly though, none of it matters unless you want her back. Don't let her scew with your head.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can live without her then there is no need for you to get back with her. She seems to be using you for fulfilling her needs. Don't fall in her trap.

0|0
    0|0
  • DON'T believe her- she's full of sh*t, you even said so. Also, to even claim to break up over some sh*t on FACEBOOK? That is like the third or fourth dumbest thing I have ever heard. (it's in the Top Five, anyway.) You are well-rid of that heifer- you should send her a Thank You card for leaving you because that is the best thing she could have ever done for you. If you have the urge to take her back- STOP. I will make you a counter offer. Instead of getting back with her, give me your number. I will call you every day at the agreed upon time and be a total sh*thead to you (over the phone) for 30 minutes. I will whine, insult you, attempt to manipulate you, and lie to you. Then after the 30 minutes is up, I will tell you jokes to make you feel better.

See, this way you will get the dose of poison you would HAVE to be craving to take her back- but you will get it in measured doses that won't F*** UP YOUR LIFE.

Think about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds as you can do fine without her, so keep on moving forward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lose her and find someone else.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• ."but, she was pretty mean...selfish...inconsiderate and downright ***manipulative***" Seriously bro, She does not love you and just using you. You need to cut all contacts an move on.. You would regret not doing that trust me,

0|1
    0|0
  • You can do nothing. If the way you describe her is no you feel, you're better off without her. Ignore

0|0
    0|0
  • She's just manipulating you.
    Don't let her enter your life anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's not worth it.
    Find another girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get back with her.

0|0