Should I move on or give up? Guys Please!

It's been over three years since this guy and I originally dated. It has been off and on for three years now. We are still having semi regular sex. He has lived with me for short periods of time multiple times now. We talk somewhat often. He tells me that I'm his favorite girl and that he misses me when I see him. But we also tend to have a lot of issues. In the past we've had huge fights but it's been improving over the past year. He drunk calls me every once and awhile just saying he wishes he could see me and he can't wait for me to be back and that he misses me. ( I live five hours away because of college) I just don't know if I stay around will it always be off and on or now that we are getting older that it really will change? He has had drug issues in the past and there is a lot of issues that haven't been dealt with fully. Does any one think it's worth trying to really work on or is this all just a waste of time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Leave.

It's his job to work through his own issues, please don't let him bring you down. I've seen lots of beautiful women start to be trapped by men with substance abuse problems. There comes a point in time where it's up to him to sort himself out, and after three years that time has definitely come. You can't do it for him, and you're not responsible for him.

Don't just wait around expecting for change. Some people never do. He's going to need time on his own to figure himself out. You deserve the opportunity to have a more functional and balanced relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• This dude sounds like a loser. He says your his favorite girl? I've gotten slapped for less than that. There's plenty of good dudes out there. I don't understand these people that are barely in a relationship and already talking about working on it lol. Your a beautiful girl and tons of good guys (no drugs, drunk calls, or fights) would love to be with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only you can answer the efforts that are needed, is it worth it, if you feel that its to much work, then its probably worth moving on, but if you see him as worth the effort, then give it a go,x

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds like a hassle and too far away to keep that going.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have to ask "if you should move on" then the answer is YES.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you too really want this to work then you two are going to have to have better communication skills and learn how to handle each other issues, only you can make the decision on whether if this relationship is a waste of time... However you have to think deep down do you love him enough to keep fighting and can you completely leave him alone if you do decide to give up...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Well do you still like him or have feelings for him? if so are you willing to put up with his personal issues? You have to see him for the way he is but do not expect him to change for your sake. Even if he did, it would means he's willing to change.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother, it does sounds like a relationship full of constant stress. And the only reason, you two are together is because of the sex.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes