Should I move on or give up? Guys Please!

It's been over three years since this guy and I originally dated. It has been off and on for three years now. We are still having semi regular sex. He has lived with me for short periods of time multiple times now. We talk somewhat often. He tells me that I'm his favorite girl and that he misses me when I see him. But we also tend to have a lot of issues. In the past we've had huge fights but it's been improving over the past year. He drunk calls me every once and awhile just saying he wishes he could see me and he can't wait for me to be back and that he misses me. ( I live five hours away because of college) I just don't know if I stay around will it always be off and on or now that we are getting older that it really will change? He has had drug issues in the past and there is a lot of issues that haven't been dealt with fully. Does any one think it's worth trying to really work on or is this all just a waste of time?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Leave.

It's his job to work through his own issues, please don't let him bring you down. I've seen lots of beautiful women start to be trapped by men with substance abuse problems. There comes a point in time where it's up to him to sort himself out, and after three years that time has definitely come. You can't do it for him, and you're not responsible for him.

Don't just wait around expecting for change. Some people never do. He's going to need time on his own to figure himself out. You deserve the opportunity to have a more functional and balanced relationship.