How do you forget an ex girlfriend quickly?

I caught my girlfriend cheating on me, and while I tried to forgive and forget she ended up cheating on me again with another guy. I never expected this of her and so even after breaking up I am still a little in shock about the whole thing. We dated for 3 years, and I gave her 3 months from the first time she cheated to the last time I caught her to sort herself out but she never did. I talked to her about it and gave her every opportunity to let me know if there was something wrong with our current relationship. She never talked about it, said she just wanted to forget about it and move on. Eventually I got sick of dealing with it and broke up with her.

We have been broken up for less than a week and she is already dating this other guy.

I never treated her so badly a day in my life, and only wanted the best for her, but based on her actions, even if she were to come crawling back I no longer want her to be a part of my life, past, present, or future.

Looking for advice on how to forget her or at least just stop thinking about her as much. I don't have any hope for a future between us, and frankly I don't want one again.

I don't hate her, but I hate her actions and how she handled this whole thing. She really put me through a lot of stress and anxiety instead of just being up front with me and telling me she was loosing interest., I could have handled that, but cheating, lying, disrespecting me, and walking all over me like I was nothing, that is eating away at me constantly.

Thanks for your answers.

91

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately she's too self-absorbed and immature at this point in her life to give you the kind of respect that you deserved. You didn't do anything wrong and I hope you don't let her ruin your impression of women in general. She's an example of a girl who is not ready for commitment.

I can't promise you'll forget and get over her quickly, but I know what always helps me is to visualize all of the good stuff you have now that you're broken up. You no longer have to worry about what she's doing, no more anxiety, no more wasting time on a dead end relationship. You're free to do whatever you want, whenever you want. And you're also free to meet a girl 10X as a good...who lets you know how she's feeling and would never cheat on you.Those sound like great reasons to let this old chick go, and let her be someone else's problem. She'll be cheating on this new guy, too.