Can you move on from someone if you love them?

It is true you can move on from someone if you loved him/her? If so, how fast can you move on?
Updates:
My question is how can you move on if you loved them so much?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you truly love someone, it is impossible. If so, it would take many years. Anyone that says they actually love someone, and then go off an "fall in love" with another, truly were not in love with that person, and probably don't love the next person. THat person is most likely a self serving narcissist. People that claim to fall out of love, or fall in love with someone else werent in love in the first place, and only love themselves. it is that simple. Now for the non narcissistic person, the person that truly is in love, may not fall in love with anyone else. the one they love will always be a shadow in their mind.

Take me, for exampe: I have fallen in love twice in my life. It was an entire decade between the times. And even when I fell in love with the second, the first was always on my mind. even 10 years later. I tried to erase her from my mind, but that is impossible. However, I rationalized why the second one mattered more for the instance. Well, her and I are no longer together. As it stands, either it will be another decade, or I will probably not ever again fall in love with anyone else. At best, if I pursue a relationship at this point, it may just be more of a mutual respect thing, moreso than a love thing. Even then, it would probably be with a woman that is fed up with the sh*t from men, as I am fed up with the sh*t from women. Therefore, it won't be a love thing, but a mutual respect thing. to be honest, I seen relationships like that actually work. True, it is not exactly a very romantic relationship... Not the birds singing, hearts flying, and sunshines & rainbows, everyone associates with love, but at least the couple will never betray each other. These couples tend to stay together longer.

I am just looking for someone to respect, and respect me. Love is too far fetched a concept at this point.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, though it will take time.

I would just find another girl.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• The only thing that works for someone to move on is time. Seriously that is it. There are no words of comfort, no other people at the time to be there to help you fight through it. It is just you, yourself and time. Took me 6 months but I'm OK now. It was worth the wait. Opened my eyes to bigger and better things

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes everyone can move on from a relationship in time but how much time it takes depends on so many things and its different for every person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is possible to move on. it just takes time. You take time to mourn the loss and little by little you heal.

1|0
    0|0
    • You just do. Moving on doesn't mean you never loved them and it means nothing about them as a person, it just means you mourn the loss of that relationship acknowledge it for what it was- good parts and bad and you just move on. It goes in steps and stages- not over night.

• Why would you want to do that if you love them?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes