My ex is coming back again, but under him conditions AGAIN

My ex and I broke up because we lived in the different countries and he started the relationship saying that he will come and live in my city. As months passed by he was completely changing his story. In the end, when he thought that I have to accept his conditions (since we slept together and he was my first) and so he started to bring up the real story... That he expects me to come live in his country, forget about working (he would like to find me a job but he can't promise, and I'm a MD and I have a great job in my home town), leave my PhD studies (or continue but while carrying children), leave my family and friends, while he wouldn't change anything and continue all of his activities. I said that I can't accept that. After a few months of not contacting there's him again! Asking if he can come and see me. I asked him what he expects from our meeting. He answered- I didn't think about it yet. I said- If nothing has changed, we have no point to see each other since I have already paid enough for your "not-thinking". Now I feel like I have made a mistake. What do you think?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Long distant relationships are the hardest I think you have already made the right decision you have invested a lot of time and money in your career path as well it is one your family and friends have given you support in for you to take that path.

And made sacrifices for you to be where you are.

If you are to be having children then your support base is so important and not having your family and friends around you will be the hardest thing you will face, particularly being in a foreign country. Don't sell your self short one thing I know especially with children and as a MD you would know is that they thrive when you are happy.

Your career path should be as important to him as much as any other part of your relationship and your happiness should be his greatest concern because that's the role of a husband, you need to be where you are most happy he may be your first and that is special to you but that doesn't mean you should give up everything, you deserve a lover who will climb mountains and cross seas for you.